- Set up mechanically controlled production equipment such as;
- Press brakes
- Spot welders
- Fin/core machines
- Brazing oven / carousel and similar equipment for operation by self or others.
- Installs tools, dies or fixtures to provide parts to blueprint tolerance and specifications.
- Use wrenches, hoists, gages, and precision measuring equipment.
- Correlate machine positions with alignment, tool sequence, clearances, and part dimensions.
- Set speeds, feeds, and depth of cut adjustments.
- Insures that first piece inspection is performed and approval is given.
- Marks approved piece as sample for operator.
- Ensures all safety features are functioning before operating press.
- Sets all safety devices to perform properly.
- Advises supervisor of any irregularities in the job.
- Responsible for quality of own work.
- Does week press inspections.
- Performs material handling as required.
- Maintains clean, safe, and orderly work area.
- Maintain accurate production and quality records.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by supervisor.
All California applicants please click here
- HS Diploma or GED
- Ability to maintain quality standards.
- More than basic knowledge of tools and processes. Work may entail features of some complicity.
- Reads, writes, adds, and subtracts.
- Requires the use of some judgment working with a minimum amount of direct work instruction.
- Frequently handles 21-50 lbs while standing.
- Reads tape measure.
- Ability to work from diagrams and prints.
- Ability to learn duties of job in a short period of time.
- Ability to follow instructions, and to instruct other employees in machine operations.
- Ability to work overtime when it is deemed necessary.
- Committed to the safety program of the company.
- Constant care necessary to prevent serious injury.
- Teamwork at all levels.
Modine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Welcomes all Qualified Applicants!
Modine provides a competitive benefit package, which could include paid vacation, short term disability, 401(k), health, dental, vision, life insurance, flex spending benefits, tuition reimbursement, Health Savings Account and much more. Human Resources will provide more detail upon your hiring.