Do you love the outdoors? Located in the beautiful Northwoods of Wisconsin.
Job includes opportunities to immerse yourself in the breath-taking natural beauty of the outdoors, with picturesque landscapes, tranquil lakes and scenic trails right at your door step. Enjoy work-life balance in a serene environment that fosters a deep connection with nature and offers abundant recreational activities for outdoor enthusiasts.
Whether you’re just starting or looking to further your career. Come apply with us at Trident Maritime Systems – Heavy Equipment Group. We offer 3-, 4- and 5-day work weeks.
Join us where you can work and play.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
JOB TITLE: Quality Technician-Rhinelander
PLANT/DEPARTMENT: Quality Department DIRECTED BY: Plant Quality Assurance Coordinator
IMPORTANT WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Purchasing, Engineering, Program Management, Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Shipping and Receiving, Defense Contract Management Agency(DCMA), third party and customer auditors.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: To work with various disciplines to meet the needs of our internal/external customers. Proficiently and independently, be able to perform dimensional inspections and develop inspection reports using the Laser Tracker and the CMM and other tools.
Long Term & Short Term Disability, Basic Life at no cost to the employee
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurances
Fitness company contribution
Excellent PTO policy
EDUCATION PREFERRED/SPECIAL NOTES:
- Perform in-process inspections
- Perform supplier source inspections.
- Completion of receiving and final inspections and in-process inspection using precision measuring and test equipment (CMM, Laser Tracker) in a timely fashion with results easily understood.
- Proper control of non-conforming material and completion of the defect reporting process.
- Support the Material Review Board Process.
- Prepare and deliver Quality Assurance related training.
- Support preventive-corrective action request and supplier preventive-corrective action request process.
- Responsible for control of quality records.
- Support customer and third party quality audits.
- Ensure calibration program is in conformance with established standards.
- Participate in vendor qualification and supplier quality development.
- Measure, record, and report on organization performance progress.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9001 standards.
- Perform internal and external quality audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED/SPECIAL NOTES:
- Related technical training in Business and Quality.
- Familiar with ISO 9001
- 3-4 years of experience in a formal Quality environment
- 5 years minimum related experience in a fabrication environment (i.e. welding and machining of small to large equipment)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Initiative and ability to solve problems independently
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office (primarily Excel and Word)
- Ability to read and interpret drawings (both metric and English standard)
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Proficient in use of various inspection tools
- Training in metrology and advanced drawing reading
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities/Affirmative Action Employer.
We comply with Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division.