Production Supervisor reports to the Plant Manager. Planning, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling manpower, machinery and materials to meet scheduled production requirements at the lowest cost and highest quality.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for communicating KPI’s which include Safety, Performance, Cost, On time delivery, Training and Lean activities.
- The Production Supervisor analyzes production schedules & makes plans for producing units required by the schedule. This plan takes into account manpower, materials, and proper scheduling to ensure units are completed at optimum lead time required for final assembly line dates.
- This position is responsible for all aspects of their direct reports’ day to day activities, safety, morale, position and career development, coaching, discipline, schedule, time sheets and attendance.
- This position is responsible for safety initiatives, PPE, safety concerns and suggestions, and completing necessary paperwork to include monthly safety inspection, Behavior Based Safety (BBS) Observations and accident investigation reports, including Global 8D reporting when needed.
- Help develop methods and provide support to continually improve mfg. processes using MPS / MOS methodology.
- Responsible for effective communication to all levels of the plant from direct reports to the Plant Manager.
- Order small tools, protective clothing, equipment and other items necessary for production and safety.
- Hold weekly toolbox departmental meetings.
- Employee training and evaluation
- Participate in the hiring practice by interviewing/selecting candidates
- Maintain a clean and orderly department using 5S process.
High School diploma or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred. Prior supervisory experience or training required. Must have thorough knowledge of manufacturing process/procedures and supervisory techniques. Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word required. SAP experience preferred.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical job requirements for the position of Production Supervisor include being able to do the following: occasionally lift up to 50 pounds, stand for less than 4 hours per day, sit for more than 4 hours per day, occasionally grasp items with either hand, and walk for less than 4 hours per day.
For California Residents - Privacy Disclosure
Modine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Welcomes all Qualified Applicants!
Modine provides a competitive benefit package, which could include paid vacation, short term disability, 401(k), health, dental, vision, life insurance, flex spending benefits, tuition reimbursement, Health Savings Account and much more. Human Resources will provide more detail upon your hiring.