Do you love the outdoors? Located in the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
Job includes opportunities to immerse yourself in the breath-taking natural beauty of the outdoors, with picturesque landscapes, tranquil lakes and scenic trails right at your door step. Enjoy work-life balance in a serene environment that fosters a deep connection with nature and offers abundant recreational activities for outdoor enthusiasts.
Whether you’re just starting or looking to further your career. Come apply with us at Trident Maritime Systems – Heavy Equipment Group. We offer 3-, 4- and 5-day work weeks.
Join us where you can work and play!
Benefits include but are not limited to:
JOB TITLE: Painter
PLANT/DEPARTMENT: Iron River DIRECTED BY: Team Leader/Advisor
IMPORTANT WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Team leaders, production control, and quality assurance
Demonstrates safety in the workplace. Operates spray painting and blasting equipment to apply protective coatings to structural materials. Consistently maintains high quality and meets or exceeds routed hours.
- 401K contribution
- Long Term & Short Term Disability, Basic Life at no cost to the employee
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurances
- Paid Holidays
- Fitness company contribution
- Referral Bonuses
- Education Reimbursement
- Company Events
- Excellent PTO policy
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED/SPECIAL NOTES:
- Must be able to apply most epoxy/enamel coatings with airless and pressure pot or wire spray.
- Operate blaster safely to production schedule and perform most general maintenance.
- Prep parts according to shop order/blueprint by taping and cleaning designated surfaces with minimal assistance.
- Understands different types of paints and materials to be applied and how to mix.
- Maintains high standards of quality.
- Functions as team player with co-workers and mentors others.
- Basic blueprints skills.
- Ability to rebuild spray guns/paint pots and airless spray machine with minimal assistance.
- Must obtain SSPC paint and blast certifications.
- Must properly utilize paint, environmental, and waste stream data sheets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three to five years in industrial manufacturing paint background.
- Ability to Lift, Push or Pull up to 25 lbs individually and/or up to 50 lbs as a team
- Long periods of standing
Equal Opportunity Employer of Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities/Affirmative Action Employer.
We comply with Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division.