Do you love the outdoors? Located in the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
Job includes opportunities to immerse yourself in the breath-taking natural beauty of the outdoors, with picturesque landscapes, tranquil lakes and scenic trails right at your door step. Enjoy work-life balance in a serene environment that fosters a deep connection with nature and offers abundant recreational activities for outdoor enthusiasts.
Whether you’re just starting or looking to further your career. Come apply with us at Trident Maritime Systems – Heavy Equipment Group. We offer 3-, 4- and 5-day work weeks.
Join us where you can work and play!
Benefits include but are not limited to:
JOB TITLE: Manufacturing Engineer
PLANT/DEPARTMENT: Commercial / Defense Engineering DIRECTED BY: Mfg. Eng Coord.
IMPORTANT WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Manufacturing, Engineering, Plant Personnel, Engineering Commercial and Defense
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Design and development of manufacturing aids and processes to insure time efficiency and effectiveness and consistent quality
- 401K contribution
- Long Term & Short Term Disability, Basic Life at no cost to the employee
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurances
- Paid Holidays
- Fitness company contribution
- Referral Bonuses
- Education Reimbursement
- Company Events
- Excellent PTO policy
EDUCATION PREFERRED/SPECIAL NOTES:
- Lean manufacturing, project management and quality systems experience.
- Refines and enhances processes by applying continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to areas of production. Recommends product changes/improvements to Product Engineers
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout. Coordinates input that may cross multiple teams or areas; make recommendations, and implements changes.
- Facilitate process/project improvement teams.
- Create and maintain routings and time estimates for Lake Shore products.
- Assist in evaluating existing and new equipment requirements.
- Assist in the design and development of jigs and fixtures, follow-up to assure proper needs have been obtained.
- Assist in the development of time study reports and other duties as may be necessary
- Problem solve on shop floor & other departments as needed or observed
- Develops innovative solutions to complex engineering and manufacturing production problems through identification and implementation of advanced manufacturing processes including conducting process analysis, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials, conferring with suppliers, and soliciting observations from the operators/production leads.
- CNC programming experience preferred, using CAM software
- Proficient using Solid works or some modeling software.
- Strong machining/processing background in CNC machining is also preferred.
- Other assigned duties needed.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED/SPECIAL NOTES:
- H.S. degree required, A.S. or B.S.ME. preferred and/or appropriate experience considered
Must be able to stand, sit, bend, squat for long periods, climb ladder
- Computer knowledge required (Excel), AutoCAD/Solid Works helpful
- 3 (+) years manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be a team player with excellent communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer of Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities/Affirmative Action Employer.
We comply with Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division.