Modine Manufacturing Company is hiring for an Electrical Engineer to join our team in Racine, WI! The Electrical Engineer will be an important part of our development for our heating products within our Building HVAC department known as Climate Solutions. You will report directly to the Engineering Heating Manager.
- Provide the schematics and electrical panel layout drawings for all Heating products.
- Participate in design meetings and communicate with the project coordinator, design, and application engineers.
- Coordinate the panel-build with internal or external employees.
- Expected to maintain accurate, updated revisions of schematics and product software programs during the testing phase and afterwards for archiving purposes.
- Consider all aspects of product operation in the design of the control system, including electrical enhancements and safety-related issues
- Work with the other design engineers, project coordinator, and any plant personnel to verify the sequence of operation to debug the product as part of the APQP design process.
- Communicate with project engineers, project coordinators, plant engineers, operations personnel, component/equipment suppliers, fellow control engineers, etc.
- Instructs, explains, leads design group relating to the controls and electrical design of the product.
- Exposed the following areas: AC/DC drive applications, power distribution, sensors, and CAD schematic development. These areas include both hardware and software design
- Coordinate aspects of a given project which include project scheduling to meet project dates, purchasing components, evaluating new products, preparing manuals, and maintaining a project design file for permanent records.
- Enhance skills through on-the-job training and external seminars. Stay up-to-date with new developments in electrical design and apply that knowledge towards the technical enhancement of Modine machinery and processes.
- BS in Electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge and application of applicable electrical codes; NEC, UL (UL1995, UL60335, UL508a), IEC and CE.
- At least 1 year of experience with AutoCAD Electrical or equivalent.
- Travel to other Modine plants or customer locations will happen infrequently.
For California Residents - Privacy Disclosure
Modine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Welcomes all Qualified Applicants!
Modine provides a competitive benefit package, which could include paid vacation, short term disability, 401(k), health, dental, vision, life insurance, flex spending benefits, tuition reimbursement, Health Savings Account and much more. Human Resources will provide more detail upon your hiring.