1st, 2nd, and 3rd Shift Openings!
We are seeking an enthusiastic, hard-working candidate with experience in a team-based manufacturing/production environment. The ideal candidate will have experience operating paper converting machinery.
This position is primarily responsible for assisting in the management and training of the converting assets in a safe and efficient manner during working shift. Effectively supports the management of the converting assets in order to produce a quality product consistent with product specifications and workmanship standards. This position will be an active machine operator for the majority of a 5 day work week with some additional assignments being focused on training and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on operator
- Assist in providing leadership on shift for all converting production personnel
- Capable of teaching anyone how to properly operate each asset
- Obtain raw materials as needed
- Assist with equipment set up, changeovers, adjustment and operation
- Test quality of products
- Fully cross trained, and demonstrates proficiency on each asset
- Perform routine maintenance on assets and/or assist Maintenance Technicians
- Assist Maintenance Technician(s) as required
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- MUST be able to read a ruler
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Must be able to work effectively on a team
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalency preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prior experience working in printing, paper production or paper converting is preferred
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to constantly walk or stand
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs
- Occasional bending, kneeling or entry into enclosed spaces