Do you love the outdoors? Located in the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
Job includes opportunities to immerse yourself in the breath-taking natural beauty of the outdoors, with picturesque landscapes, tranquil lakes and scenic trails right at your door step. Enjoy work-life balance in a serene environment that fosters a deep connection with nature and offers abundant recreational activities for outdoor enthusiasts.
Whether you’re just starting or looking to further your career. Come apply with us at Trident Maritime Systems – Heavy Equipment Group. We offer 3-, 4- and 5-day work weeks.
Join us where you can work and play!
Benefits include but are not limited to:
JOB TITLE: Buyer
PLANT/DEPARTMENT: Supply Chain DIRECTED BY: Supply Chain Manager
IMPORTANT WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Supply Chain Management, Suppliers, Engineering, Quality Control, Estimating, Production Control, Program Management, Accounting, Warehouse
BENEFITS: Purchase material meeting quality and delivery requirements at the best price possible.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Purchase material meeting quality and delivery requirements at the best price possible.
- 401K contribution
- Long Term & Short Term Disability, Basic Life at no cost to the employee
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurances
- Paid Holidays
- Fitness company contribution
- Referral Bonuses
- Education Reimbursement
- Company Events
- Excellent PTO policy
EDUCATION PREFERRED/SPECIAL NOTES:
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED/SPECIAL NOTES:
- Obtain competitive pricing from qualified vendors based on requisitions or Recommended Order Report
- Negotiate the best deal for price, delivery, and terms and place purchase orders.
- Interview salespersons and seek new qualified suppliers.
- Ensure correct requirements are flowed down to suppliers.
- Approve invoices as required.
- Acts as liaison between the supplier and the company.
- Build strong and trusting relationships with suppliers.
- Maintain market awareness for the commodities in buyer’s area of responsibility.
- Maintain Negotiated Savings log.
- Track and maintain the Small Business, Supplier Evaluation and the Annual Supplier Evaluation for assigned suppliers.
- Resolve defective material problems including negotiating settlements for vendor chargebacks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years buying experience in the manufacturing industry.
- Job may require long hours of sitting/computer usage.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities/Affirmative Action Employer.
We comply with Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division.