Do you love the outdoors? Located in the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
Job includes opportunities to immerse yourself in the breath-taking natural beauty of the outdoors, with picturesque landscapes, tranquil lakes and scenic trails right at your door step. Enjoy work-life balance in a serene environment that fosters a deep connection with nature and offers abundant recreational activities for outdoor enthusiasts.
Whether you’re just starting or looking to further your career. Come apply with us at Trident Maritime Systems – Heavy Equipment Group. We offer 3-, 4- and 5-day work weeks.
Join us where you can work and play!
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- 401K contribution
- Long Term & Short Term Disability, Basic Life at no cost to the employee
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurances
- Paid Holidays
- Fitness company contribution
- Referral Bonuses
- Education Reimbursement
- Company Events
- Excellent PTO policy
JOB TITLE: Assembler (A)
PLANT/DEPARTMENT: Iron River Assembly
IMPORTANT WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Perform diversified assembly and erection operations to assemble intricate or large and expensive apparatus, machines or equipment to close tolerances and strict inspection requirements. Assembly procedures usually prescribed and operations are recognized as standard practices. Do skilled fitting of parts, sub-assemblies and related units. Do aligning, adjusting and required secondary machining. May coach, mentor and check work and procedures for Assemblers of lower skill sets and helpers. Work from complicated assembly drawings and specifications. Use a variety of precision measuring instruments and gauging devices. Final assemblies are inspected and tested. Work requires skill and assembling techniques, plus experience and a knowledge of design and basic mechanical principles.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED/SPECIAL NOTES:
- Basic Assembly procedures and processes
- Shipping process and preparation
- Advanced Crane Operations and Rigging
- Perform Quality Checks though out process
- Advanced Hydraulic applications and procedures
- Understand and assembly of shaft coupling and alignments
- Advanced set up and procedures for final assembly
- Complete final assembly and testing
- Perform floor test procedures
- Advanced Hydraulic applications and procedures
- Advanced Assembly processes and techniques
- Pipe Bending
- Silver Braising
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic Blueprint, Basic Math, and Basic Measuring Devices
- Crane Operations and Rigging
- Perform work on elevated equipment & surfaces
- Ability to Lift, Push or Pull up to 25 lbs individually and/or up 50 lbs as a team
- Long periods of standing, bending or crouching
- BASIC ASSEMBLY PROCEDURES AND PROCESSES: Ability to safely complete less complex assemblies with minimal supervision. Knowledge of tools and equipment used to complete assemblies.
- SHIPPING PROCESS AND PREPERATION: Knowledge of shipping documents and ability to perform work per the shipping instructions. Use of carpentry and other skills to ensure product is safely secured to arrive without damage at the customer. Mining assembly to work off BOM instructions and customer request per engineering.
- ADVANCED CRANE OPERATIONS AND RIGGING: Safely manipulate oversized unique equipment in different configurations to meet assembly test and shipping demands. Includes flipping, stacking, and loading product for necessary applications.
- PERFORM QUALITY CHECKS THROUGH OUT THE PROCESS: Ensure that the product meets all quality standards as defined in shop order routings. Ability to read shop order notes and adhere to assembly torque specs and apply proper lubricants including but not limited to anti-seize, RTV, and adhesives. Ability to identify and comply with quality hold points and sign offs per routings, drawings, and engineering.
- ADVANCED HYDRAULIC APPLICATIONS AND PROCEDURES: Advanced knowledge and understanding of hydraulic systems, their schematics, and how they function. Including ability to safely operate and adjust systems and troubleshoot to resolve issues with or without engineering support.
- UNDERSTAND AND ASSEMBLY OF SHAFT COUPLING AND ALIGNMENTS: Able to safely assemble shaft couplings and alignments per routings, shop orders, and engineering requests.
- ADVANCED SET UP AND PROCEDURES FOR FINAL ASSEMBLY: Ability to efficiently set up for completion of complicated assemblies without assistance or supervision. Must be able to identify build sequence as necessary for final completion and help train less experienced co-workers how to do so. Must be able to identify all tools, fixtures, and other items needed for completion of job.
- COMPLETE FINAL ASSEMBLY AND TESTING: Knowledge and ability to complete final product assembly and safely operate equipment once completed. Includes the ability to troubleshoot product that does not operate as is required for final test procedures.
- PERFORM FLOOR TEST PROCEDURES: Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of final test procedures as defined in test procedure shop orders in preparation for customer/government witness and final shipment of product. Ability to troubleshoot and work directly with other departments to ensure product is fully operational and ready for delivery to customer.
- See line 5 above.
- ADVANCED ASSEMBLY PROCESSES AND TECHNIQUES: Work requires skill and assembling techniques, plus experience and a knowledge of design and basic mechanical principles. Perform diversified assembly and erection operations to assemble intricate or large and expensive apparatus, machines or equipment to close tolerances and strict inspection requirements. May coach, mentor and check work and procedures for Assemblers of lower skill sets and helpers. Safely work from complicated assembly drawings and specifications.
- PIPE BENDING: Accurately and efficiently bend pipe, mainly for hydraulic applications, to strict tolerances.
- SILVER BRAISING: Become certified in silver braising and perform necessary work while maintaining a high quality standard.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities/Affirmative Action Employer.
We comply with Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division.