PERSONAL LINES UNDERWRITING ASSISTANT
WHO WE ARE
Germantown Mutual Insurance Company is Wisconsin's oldest insurance company! Founded in 1854, we are celebrating our 169th year of providing quality insurance products and great customer service to our policyholders. We are a multi-line property and casualty insurance carrier serving customers across Wisconsin and Utah. Through monthly company-wide staff meetings, monthly departmental meetings, and frequent one-on-ones with management, our employees are engaged and tuned in.
We are looking to add an Underwriting Assistant to our Personal Lines department. This individual will provide support to the Underwriting Team through a variety of responsibilities, from handling endorsements and renewals, to assisting with the processing and delivering of quotes and policies. Providing superior customer service to our agents and insureds through the handling of phone calls and emails, this is an important role within the Personal Lines Underwriting department. As proponents of workplace flexibility, the Personal Lines Underwriting Assistant will have the option of working a hybrid remote/in-office schedule once the initial training period is complete.
- Assist in the new business process by creating new files, gathering information, and preparing new business quotes for the Underwriters.
- Process endorsements on existing personal lines policies.
- Draft and communicate correspondence to agents and insureds, at the direction of the Underwriters.
- Process and issue new and renewal business at the direction of the Underwriter and within designated authority limits.
- Review inspections and follow up on inspection recommendations with agents.
- Participate in the Payments Call Queue.
- Field questions from agents and insureds via email and telephone.
- Train and mentor others within the same position.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND SKILLS
- A customer focused attitude. Excellent customer service (internal and external) is our top priority, so we are looking for someone who naturally enjoys interacting with people in a positive manner.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Technical fluency - must have working knowledge of computers, including data entry, word processing, and working with spreadsheets.
- Experience in the insurance industry would be great, but is not required for this role.
- We are committed to employees and their growth.
- We have pretty great benefits. Our employees have Health, Dental, Life, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability insurances. We have paid holidays, a generous PTO policy, and special summer hours that get you home early on Friday afternoons.
- We offer a generous 401(k) program that includes a company match and additional discretionary contributions such as Profit Sharing.
- We are a friendly, fun, casual place to work.