The Greater Milwaukee Foundation (GMF) is how Milwaukee works together. For over a century, we have helped generous people give back to the community. Together with donors and partners throughout the region, the Foundation invests in the potential of people and places, supports community-grown solutions and strives to end the systemic racism that holds our region back. Through the power of transformative philanthropy and social change, we are focused on shaping a future where everyone thrives – a Milwaukee for all.
You can make a difference, as we are seeking a Business Systems Administrator! This newly created position is responsible for the overall data management strategy of the Foundation, establishing and maintaining data security and integrity controls, formulating and monitoring policies, procedures and standards relating to the Foundation’s core business function. The incumbent proposes and implements enhancements that will improve the overall usage of data performance and reliability.
- Serves as systems administrator and primary subject matter expert for the Foundation's suite of databases, GLM, SLM and Community Suite, serves as primary contact with vendors, stays up-to-date on system offerings and provides training and support to users.
- Translates business needs and scope into technical requirements to envision, design, build and regularly produce reports and analytics to meet reporting needs.
- Ensures data integrity within the system by creating solutions and data environments that protect, preserve and promote data quality and managing the cleanup of inconsistent data and tune-up of database performance.
- Determines, enforces and documents database policies, procedures and standards.
- Creates and maintains the enterprise data knowledge base, ensuring appropriate ownership and stewardship.
- Monitors user access and performance of the database system, provides incident support and analysis services, as well as log and error reporting information to vendor as necessary to resolve user issue.
- Supervises assigned department personnel. Includes the following responsibilities, but are not limited to hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating and ensuring accuracy, timeliness and the completion of all work performed by direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in related field required, such as business administration, marketing, communications or public relations.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in a high-level administrative position with database management and analysis, report generation, oversight of operational workflow and customer service required; development or donor relations administrative leadership experience preferred.
- Three (3) or more years of experience managing and operating systems/applications in an enterprise cloud computing environment preferred.
- Leadership experience involving delegation and providing feedback required; supervisory experience preferred.
- Project management, planning, prioritization and implementation skills a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial equity and inclusion.
We recognize that at this moment, during the COVID-19 pandemic, it is a uniquely difficult time and we aim to be as flexible and supportive as possible in both the recruitment for and onboarding of this position. Some positions may be eligible to work a hybrid work schedule (i.e. work part of their regular schedule remotely). However, all positions are asked to work the majority of their time from the GMF office.
Compensation: $80,000 annually
The Greater Milwaukee Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.