The Greater Milwaukee Foundation (GMF) is how Milwaukee works together. For over a century, we have helped generous people give back to the community. Together with donors and partners throughout the region, the Foundation invests in the potential of people and places, supports community-grown solutions and strives to end the systemic racism that holds our region back. Through the power of transformative philanthropy and social change, we are focused on shaping a future where everyone thrives – a Milwaukee for all.
You can make a difference, as we are seeking a Computer Systems Analyst! This newly created position is responsible for supporting the IT infrastructure of the Foundation, which includes initial installation and upgrades on organizational hardware. The incumbent works with an outsourced IT provider to provide staff with training on using hardware, software and other IT-related functions while providing in-house support.
- Provides IT help desk support to various end users within established timeframes.
- Installs and configures basic hardware and software to provide computer, network and telephone access to staff.
- Ensures staff are educated on the effective use of available technology (e.g. network, software, devices) by providing ongoing training and end user support.
- Analyzes and audits existing systems to identify areas for improvement.
- Masterminds and designs systems that will help support organizational goals.
- Identifies bugs and inefficiencies within existing systems and reports known vulnerabilities.
- Performs routine maintenance on software and hardware that compose existing systems.
- Checks the work order ticketing system on a routine basis and completes tasks in order of urgency.
- Ensures all systems and programs are carefully documented.
- Identifies opportunities for technology-based improvements to achieve smoother, more successful and potentially automated processes.
- Assists with maintaining an inventory of office assets in order to monitor and track age, location, quantity, etc.
- Maintains updated policy and procedure documentation for handling critical or mandated IT, facilities, equipment and vendor activities.
- Associate degree in Information Technology or related field, OR a high school diploma, GED or HSED with two (2) or more years of professional IT help desk support experience required; Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Two (2) or more years of experience in an administrative support or customer service role required; previous experience working in a nonprofit environment preferred.
- Prior experience working within a Microsoft Windows LAN environment preferred.
- CompTIA A+ preferred.
- A flexible schedule is required (may be on call 24 hours for serious incidents).
- Demonstrated commitment to racial equity and inclusion.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint specifically), web-based applications and databases.
- Ability to interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to problem-solve issues.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
We recognize that at this moment, during the COVID-19 pandemic, it is a uniquely difficult time and we aim to be as flexible and supportive as possible in both the recruitment for and onboarding of this position. Some positions may be eligible to work a hybrid work schedule (i.e. work part of their regular schedule remotely). However, all positions are asked to work the majority of their time from the GMF office.
Compensation: $52,620 annually
The Greater Milwaukee Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.