Performs a variety of engineering tests on various engine/powerhead types within the test house according to engineering standards.
- Aligns and mounts engine to stand; maintains running engines (oiling) as instructed; records results as required
- Participates in tear down and build up of engines; gauges/measures and records wear on engine parts (pistons, rods, rings, crankshaft, etc), measures and records defects
- Tears down, evaluates, and repairs engines, which may include valve jobs and/or changing rings/pistons on engine
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated working knowledge of PC and PLC (Micro master)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of internal combustion engines, and ability to perform teardowns and repairs to engine
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good mechanical skills are required
- Ability to give attention to detail
- Fluent in English and primary language used in area of responsibility and/or location
High School diploma
General Education Degree
- Previous engine experience preferred
Physical & Environmental Requirements
Ability to perform occasional lifting of engines up to 100lbs with help as needed
Ability to perform occasional to frequent pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, twisting, crawling and/or reaching over a full work shift (8-12 hours)
Ability to stand and/or walk constantly over a full work shift (8-12 hours)
Briggs & Stratton Corporation, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is the world's largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiaries include North America's number one marketer of pressure washers, and it is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of power generation, lawn and garden, turf care and job site products through its Briggs & Stratton, Simplicity, Snapper, Snapper Pro Ferris, PowerBoss, Allmand, Billy Goat, Murray, Branco and Victa brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents.
Briggs & Stratton Corporation is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. Briggs & Stratton also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.