Olympus Controls (www.olympus-controls.com) is a fast-paced Automation Company that has an opportunity for a Production Applications Technician II to join our growing company. We offer a dynamic environment with competitive salary and health benefits for the right type of highly motivated individuals.
This job requires excellent oral and written communication skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, and a professional and courteous personality. The preferred candidate will have a sense of ownership, thrive on cross-functional teams, demonstrate leadership, exhibit sound working knowledge of IPC 620 principles, and have an aptitude for working with more complex electromechanical assemblies and systems. The preferred candidate will have an aptitude toward basic electrical and mechanical skills with interest in software and future growth in Motion Control, Vision, and Robotics.
- Perform advanced software, electrical, and mechanical troubleshooting
- Perform cold checks, hot checks, and pull tests, configure devices, upload firmware and software and perform factory acceptance testing (FAT) in accordance with engineering and customer requirements
- Troubleshoot new and existing products on the production floor or in the field using electrical schematic and assembly drawings
- Troubleshoot different software platforms (e.g., SMI, AB PLC, safety designer, motion controller, etc.) and assign parameters settings per customer
- Design and implement test plans and methods for a variety of electromechanical devices and assemblies to aid production and help facilitate solutions; provide test results to engineering
- Create clear and simple documentation for builds with the potential for production-level volumes
- Work collaboratively with the Engineering team on first article builds; report project-related issues to engineering; provide preliminary corrective action of the issue as needed
- Communicate effectively with all team members and customers
- Assist with production builds as needed by building cable assemblies, wiring systems, building panels, developing product specific software, assembling basic mechanical systems using basic tools of the trade
- Effectively and simultaneously manage multiple projects to completion
- Set deadlines for tasks and communicate project status to the Production Manager, Production Technician team, Project Manager, and other Applications Engineers as needed
- Maintain Olympus Controls' high-quality standards and customer-first attitude
- Research, specifying possible alternative parts when needed, purchase items as needed for projects
- Perform field service and support with high levels of customer interaction
- Regularly perform repetitive tasks and sit or stand for long periods of time
- Travel to support customers from time to time
- Perform mechanical or electrical assembly work as needed
- Maintain a neat, safe, and clean work environment
- Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures
- IPC 620 and UL508A knowledge or training is highly preferred
- Excellent attention to detail with an ability to perform work accurately and efficiently
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and a team player spirit
- Maintain Olympus Controls' values, ethics, and commitment to quality and confidentiality
- Must be able to follow written and verbal directions
- Must be able to communicate, verbally and in writing, clear and accurate feedback and directions to Production team personnel performing assembly process
- Highly proficient computer user
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Technical school and/or 3-5 years' experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Motion control system experience is a plus
- Capable of lifting weights up to 50 pounds
- Lean Manufacturing/5S is a plus
An emerging provider of next generation technology solutions, Applied Industrial Technologies has a growing automation footprint and expanding offering of motion control, machine vision, robotic and IIoT technologies, plus related value-added industrial expertise.
Founded in 1923, Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading value-added distributor and technical solutions provider of industrial motion, fluid power, flow control, automation technologies, and related maintenance supplies. Our leading brands, specialized services, and comprehensive knowledge serve MRO and OEM end users in virtually all industrial markets through our multi-channel capabilities that provide choice, convenience, and expertise.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 216-426-4389to let us know the nature of your request.