Direct the work, people and results in the shipping and receiving departments. Develop and implement program activities designed to enhance product flow in to include products, systems or equipment. Responsible for high quality, on time, cost effective domestic and international shipments.
Essential Responsibilities: (other duties as assigned)
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting or shipping and purchasing to minimize transportation expense and ensuring required service metrics are met.
- Perform RFP’s for all transportation modes (parcel, LTL, and imports) on a bi-annual schedule.
- Defines requirements and processes for selecting modes and methods of transportation
- Responsible for all transportation expenses, KPI’s, and reporting results to Sr. Leadership.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports and exports or customer issues.
- Import/Export Compliance Leader responsible for maintaining and adhering to the Brewer Import/Export Compliance manuals.
- Manage freight claims through resolution.
- Develop and maintain Brewer routing guide for inbound/outbound Brewer paid transportation.
- Develop and manage 3-year Logistics strategy to ensure readiness for growth, changes in the business and readiness for required capacity.
- Responsible for storage and efficient handling, timely distribution to manufacturing and shipping areas to ensure efficient production operations in support of on time customer shipments.
- Direct distribution center operations to achieve safety, quality, delivery and cost targets.
- Manage all warehouse storage of inventory.
- Direct and supervise the DC cycle count program. Analyze and resolve inventory discrepancies to ensure future accuracy.
- Maintain safety records, training logs and other process documentation in support of DC operations
- Develop, maintain and analyze Metrics to drive process and cost improvements.
- Prepare and own capital plan improvements to support growth of business and ongoing operations.
- Develop and manage 3-year warehousing strategy to ensure readiness for growth, changes in the business and readiness for required capacity.
- Direct, supervise and coordinate Shipping, Receiving, warehouse and materials distribution operations, utilizing department leads.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement, accountability and personal development.
- Cross train staff and develop bench strength of team members ready to fill open positions internally.
- Provide information, recommendations and drive warehouse related process and staffing improvements.
- Administer Company policies, maintain conformance to work rules and regulations, issue violation warnings and administer approved disciplinary actions when necessary.
- Organize day-to-day operations and assign work to Warehouse team to best utilize labor, timeliness, efficient performance and reduce errors.
- Ensure OSHA and Brewer compliance with PPE and the safe use of equipment, tools and methods in the storage and logistics of materials, being alert for hazardous conditions and their resolution.
*An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Independent decision making
- Attention to detail
- Thinking outside box for problem resolution
- Attention to Detail/Quality of Work
- Results Oriented Leader
- Collaborative team player
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong project management skills
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or related field or industry highly desired, (industry experience in lieu of degree will be considered)
- 4-6 years of experience within warehousing and distribution
- Knowledge of international shipping to include Letters of Credit, HS coding, documentation requirements and generally accepted best practices in loading and unloading international shipments
- Experience in LTL rate negotiations, NMFC’s and freight classifications
- 3-5 years supervisory experience
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
Physical / Mental Demands:
*The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Office / Warehouse
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.