*This opportunity is open due to an internal transfer.
What Brewer has to offer:
1. Stability –We will be celebrating our 75th anniversary in 2022 and continue to grow year over year.
2. Helping Healers Heal –We are in the medical industry and take great pride in assembling products that promote the health and safety of both patients and medical practitioners.
3. Benefits Above Benchmark – we subsidize nearly 90% of the premiums on our core medical plan for employees. Brewer pays 100% of premiums for each full-time employee’s group term life insurance and both short-term and long-term disability benefits.
4. Culture – you are at work as much as you are at home, so it is essential to enjoy the people around you. Our values are Learning, Integrity, Innovation, and Collaboration and we focus on candidates that demonstrate these values. We encourage our employees to grow in their roles and take great pride when they step out of their comfort zone and raise their hand to something new.
5. Work Hard Play Hard Environment – Our customers always come first so we make sure the work gets done, but we also like to have some fun along the way! Examples: Annual Kickball/Cookout, holiday party, charity fundraisers, March Dart Madness tournament and that is just the beginning!
The Mechanical Project Engineer is a hands-on role responsible for maintaining currently released products. This position works closely with team members from Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Quality.
Essential Responsibilities: (other duties as assigned)
- Manage design change projects from start to finish.
- Estimate and track project costs and timelines
- Serve as technical resource for driving material cost reduction through design changes and supplier transfers, and assess the purposed change’s impact on risk management files for medical products and coordinate any updates or retesting required due to the change
- Develop innovative design changes to meet all requirements for performance, reliability, cost and manufacturability with focus on generating ideas that simplify the mechanical design
- Lead design visualization efforts with 3D CAD models and essential component and assembly details to explore multiple design options for quality improvements and cost reductions
- Maintain design history files
- Coordinate the manufacture of engineering samples, and specify any verification testing required.
- Apply dimensions and tolerances in accordance with known material and process capabilities.
- Create SolidWorks based component and assembly drawings.
- Work with operators and suppliers on corrective action.
- Create Design Specifications for new materials and processes and create and/or modify bills of material in SyteLine.
- Uphold Brewer’s quality policy and operating philosophies in all activities.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Attention to Detail/Quality of Work
- LeadershipTeamwork / Team player
- Results orientation
- Problem solving
- Bachelor degree in engineering or other technical field or over 10 years in an engineering role
- 5+ years of experiences in engineering of Mechanical components and systems (i.e. Plastics, Metals, Cables harness, etc.).
- Working knowledge of mechanical engineering disciplines including mechanics, thermal, materials, dynamics, and manufacturing processes.
- Technical knowledge and experience in determining Mechanical Design Parameters required to meeting products requirements and applicable national and international codes/Standards/directives
- Understanding in theories, concepts and techniques in mechanical computational analysis
- Experience with methods and tools related to reliability growth, failure analysis, design for manufacturing, life cycle and quality engineering
- Familiar with both hard (plastics, metal) and soft materials (fabric and foam), and process used on those materials (sewing, metal - RF – ultrasonic welding, CNC and robotic cutting)
- Strong project management, critical thinking, problem solving, and collaborative skills
- Proficient in SolidWorks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Demonstrate the Brewer Company’s core values of Learn, Innovate, Integrity and Collaboration (LINC)
- Regular and consistent attendance required
Ideal candidates will additionally possess -
- Experience with plastics, epoxies (adhesives), resins, thermal analysis, injection molding, , vacuum forming and other forming processes; structural engineering, castings, analysis, and verification of mechanical structures, systems, or electro/opto-mechanical assemblies; or materials selection, Metallurgy, casting, forging, and metal forming..
- Experience with verification of mechanical systems, and/or electro/opto-mechanical assemblies.
- Strong passion for quality, problem resolution, and drive to find root cause
- Experience with CNC / Robot tools, fixtures, setup and programming.
- Experience with Infor CloudSuite.
- Experience with metal welding, sewing, Radio frequency and ultrasonic welding, die punch cutting
- Knowledge of FDA, MDD (Medical Devices Directive), ISO regulations and guidelines.
Physical / Mental Demands:
- Lifting up to 10 pounds occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Office / Manufacturing Floor
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.