*This opportunity is open due to an upcoming retirement.
What Brewer has to offer:
1. Stability –We will be celebrating our 75th anniversary in 2022 and continue to grow year over year.
2. Helping Healers Heal –We are in the medical industry and take great pride in assembling products that promote the health and safety of both patients and medical practitioners.
3. Benefits Above Benchmark – we subsidize nearly 90% of the premiums on our core medical plan for employees. Brewer pays 100% of premiums for each full-time employee’s group term life insurance and both short-term and long-term disability benefits.
4. Culture – you are at work as much as you are at home, so it is essential to enjoy the people around you. Our values are Learning, Integrity, Innovation, and Collaboration and we focus on candidates that demonstrate these values. We encourage our employees to grow in their roles and take great pride when they step out of their comfort zone and raise their hand to something new.
5. Work Hard Play Hard Environment – Our customers always come first so we make sure the work gets done, but we also like to have some fun along the way! Examples: Annual Kickball/Cookout, holiday party, charity fundraisers, March Dart Madness tournament and that is just the beginning!
The Product Design Engineer will proactively support our Medical and Advanced Ergonomic Seating business units by developing new products, improving existing products, through excellence in design and manufacturability to support customer needs while improving customer value. This is a hands on role and will work with cross functional team members and on-site production. Help manage multiple projects from design concept to full production. They are responsible for component selection of both hard and soft materials used in the design, design execution, defining appropriate testing, and the transfer to production of new products or the subcomponents of more complex products.
Essential Responsibilities: (other duties as assigned)
- Manage design projects from start to finish, including estimates and tracking of project costs and timelines.
- Develop designs to meet all requirements for performance, reliability, cost and manufacturability.
- Create innovative solutions that utilize new materials and processes.
- Lead the creation of conceptual samples and prototypes.
- Create Design Specifications for new materials and processes and apply dimensions and tolerances in accordance with known material and process capabilities.
- Create SolidWorks based component and assembly drawings.
- Participate and present new designs in technical and program reviews
- Create/maintain design history files
- Enter bills of material in SyteLine.
- Uphold Brewer’s quality policy and operating philosophies in all activities.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Attention to Detail/Quality of Work
- Teamwork / Team player
- Decision making
- Trustworthiness & Ethics
- Results orientation
- Problem solving
- Bachelor degree in engineering or other technical field or undergraduate degree with 7 or more years working in an engineering role.
- 5 years of experiences in development/engineering of mechanical components and systems
- Technical knowledge and experience in determining Mechanical Design Parameters required to meeting products requirements and applicable national and international codes/Standards/directives
- Experience with methods and tools related to reliability growth, failure analysis, design for manufacturing, life cycle and quality engineering
- Strong project management, critical thinking, problem solving, and collaborative skills
- Proficient in SolidWorks or other CAD programs.
- Experienced in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Team player who can work closely with internal team members from Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Quality as well as external customers.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal,
- Highly motivated, able to work with minimal supervision, and capable of handling multiple projects.
- Demonstrate the Brewer Company’s core values of Learn, Innovate, Integrity and Collaboration (LINC)
- Regular and consistent attendance required
Ideal candidates will additionally possess -
- Experience with plastics, epoxies (adhesives), resins, thermal analysis, injection molding, , vacuum forming and other forming processes; structural engineering, castings, analysis, and verification of mechanical structures, systems, or electro/opto-mechanical assemblies; or materials selection, Metallurgy, casting, forging, and metal forming..
- Experience with verification of mechanical systems, and/or electro/opto-mechanical assemblies.
- Strong passion for quality, problem resolution, and drive to find root cause
- Experience with CNC / Robot tools, fixtures, setup and programming.
- Experience with metal welding, sewing, Radio frequency and ultrasonic welding, die punch cutting
- Experience with Infor CloudSuite.
- Knowledge of FDA, MDR (Medical Devices Regulation), ISO regulations and guidelines.
Physical / Mental Demands:
- Lifting up to 10 pounds occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Office / Manufacturing Floor / Warehouse
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.