The Team Leader helps insure we meet and/or exceed our customer's (internal and external) expectations and goals in all areas while maintaining costs, integrities, productivities, processes and procedures. To execute the overall mission and vision of warehouse leadership. Job description includes, but not limited to, warehousing operations.
- Safety; Supporting a zero rating facility. Filling out incident reports and doing incident investigations.
- Quality; Ensuring that we are providing customers with a quality product and limiting the amount of product damage that is within their control, through process improvements and accountability. Keeping Vision Park and offsite warehousing in an audit ready state at all times.
- Productivity; Mine and analyze LMS data for performance and process related gaps. Help generate solutions to address these gaps.
- Customer Service; Make sure inventory is moved to the appropriate warehouse in a timely fashion for orders, as well as making sure that inbound/transfer trailers are unloaded in a timely fashion for orders.
- Staffing Needs; Working with the Warehouse Asset Lead team to ensure that we have the correct labor levels to support the business.
- Inventory Control; Work with Warehouse Asset Lead team and Warehouse Inventory team to investigate inventory discrepancies and coach associates on correct processes if the discrepancy was caused by human error.
- Communication; Clear and timely communication to direct reports, management, internal customers and all functional departments within VPLW, Operations and Supply Chain.
- All other duties assigned by management, including, but not limited to, forklift work and other support duties when needed
- 2-5 years warehousing experience and/or leadership experience required.
- A solid understanding on how the Supply Chain flows through a business
- High School Diploma or equivalent required (Associate's degree or higher, or pursuing, is a plus)
- Strong leadership, verbal, written, analytical, mathematical, reasoning, interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with Self Directed and/or High-Performance Work teams
- Proficiency with PCs, including the Microsoft Office family of products, and JD Edwards
- Ability to make decisions based on facts, rather than emotions
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task in a high paced working environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group of personalities
- Ability to work well with other functional departments
- Ability to solve problems and generate effective and sustainable solutions
- Fair and consistent in driving accountability amongst all team members
- Flexibility in schedule
- Good attendance record
Warehouse Leads are the 1st line of supervision. They are expected to be on the floor for their entire shift, unless office support is needed when our normal Office Support is not working. When not executing leadership tasks, they are expected to do forklift related work (picking, loading, unloading and receiving). This is crucial in driving accountability and expectations by showing associates that you are present and available. Also, this helps the Team Lead understand workflow and current workload better.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
High School (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)