Bartolotta Catering & Events is currently looking for dishwashers to join our team in support of providing high quality catering services at our venues which include Discovery World, the Grain Exchange, and Italian Community Center.
Our dishwashers provide an important function on our team in maintaining the kitchen work area, equipment, plate ware and utensils, and ensure a safe, sanitary, and orderly work environment.
We offer training, great benefits, flexible work schedules, dining discounts and free pre-shift family meals. Evening and weekend availability is required. Choice of venue is supported based upon need.
Essential Job Functions:
- Scrapes food & debris from plates and pre-rinses from the dirty dishes and places them in dishwashing machine.
- Sorts, stacks and restocks serviceware to the location from which they were used.
- Washes pots, pans and trays by hand and/or machine.
- Removes trash and garbage from building to dumpster area.
- Washes work area tables, walls, refrigerators, cooking equipment and floors.
- Cleans garbage cans and trash receptacles.
- Assembles, maintains and breaks down dish machine.
- Negotiates narrow crowded aisles with hot and cold pans and/or equipment.
- Knowledgeable in areas of kitchen prep, maintenance, cleaning of office area and kitchen area and inventory.
- Practices sanitary and safe food handling at all times.
- Completes assigned daily and weekly cleaning projects.
- Assists with picking up and returning dishes to all unit/kitchen stations.
- Assist other team members and management as needed.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Works routinely with ware washing and cleaning chemicals.
- Perform all cleaning and sanitation functions required.
- Able to work at a rapid pace for an extended period of time.
- Adhere to all sanitation policy and guidelines as it pertains to handling of food and personal hygiene.
- Ability to anticipate business volume and prepare kitchen and work station accordingly.
- Pleasant and accommodating personality with continuous and outgoing demeanor.
- Requires prolonged periods of being on their feet ranging from 4 – 8 hours/shift.
- Walking and standing on the kitchen tiling with potentially slick surfaces.
- Light/moderate lifting is required between 50 - 100 pounds.
- Position dictates working in a fast-paced environment and subject to irregular hours including late nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
- Works regularly on wet floors.
Indicate your preferred work location. Every effort will be made to accommodate your location request, provided openings in that unit exist.
Full or Part Time
Executive Chef, Management Team