Automation Systems and Data Specialist
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Motion is a pioneering technology leader, driving innovation in motion industries. We keep the world turning, while saving energy every day. Our motors and drives are an integral part of everyone's lives, writing the future of smart motion. Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of customized industrial robots to advanced production of electrical switches and breakers. The innovative products we make, drive the world's largest ships, connect remote renewable power sources with consumers and automate complex industrial processes. The role reports to the Advanced Manufacturing Manager and located in New Berlin, Wisconsin. As an Automation Systems and Data Specialist, you will be responsible for being a key member of the team to lead and drive projects to improve safety, quality and productivity of the operations. Depending on the skill and experience of the individual, this role will be able to work across many facets of the production and drive operational improvements in quality, materials, automation/controls, lean/industrial engineering, and data/system. The role scope will depend on the skills, interests of the individual, and fit in within the team and could become the SME in one of those areas or work across multiple.
* Safety - Responsible for identifying and improving safety at the site through use of technology, work cell redesign, improved ergonomics, and other means.
* Quality - Responsible for helping to deliver world class quality by assisting or writing work instructions, completing PFMEAs, setting up FAI/inspection criteria, poke-yoke, error proofing, and managing ECNs and CAPAs as they arise. Work to ensure compliance and potentially drive improvements to the quality management system.
* Delivery - This role will be responsible for delivering capacity improvements to the operations by identifying and executing kaizens to remove bottlenecks and meet customer demand.
* Lean - This role will be looked at to be or become a site expert in lean manufacturing and will execute time studies, balance assembly operations, value stream map, hold barashi events, 3P new production lines or changes, implement poke-yoke, and drive improvements to the material scheduling, delivery, and presentation at the site.
* Project Management - The individual will be responsible for planning and executing multiple projects at the same time and utilize good project
* management skills by managing risk, understanding critical path and dependencies to meet project goals on time.
* Change Management - This individual will lead change at the site and must work collaboratively with stakeholders, manage phase in / phase out of changes, have robust follow through on changes to ensure success.
* Be able to see opportunities for improvement, put together a financial business case and project plan to initiate the change.
* Automation - Contribute or depending on skill of individual, lead automation improvements to the facility with implementation of key manufacturing process technologies including but not limited to robotics, vision systems, AGVs, moving lines, and other poke-yoke controls.
* This may include contractor management, Requirement specification development, or other project management tasks of the change.
* Data Engineering - Contribute or depending on skill of individual, lead changes and projects related to MES system, traceability, production dashboards, or andon/escalation systems at the site.
* Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related engineering/science field and minimum 2 years of experience working in related field.
* Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
* Should be able to work with a multidisciplinary approach in problem solving and collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders.
* Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
* Experience managing projects (informal or formal).
* Able to work independently and structurally, as a team player and under pressure.
* Knowledgeable in Lean Manufacturing Concepts.
* Strong interpersonal & communication skills, self-motivated, customer oriented, multi-tasking, having stress management capability.
* Successful at managing multiple priorities and tasks.
* Knowledge of MS Office applications.
* Experience in a manufacturing assembly environment.
* Knowledgeable in Lean Manufacturing Concepts and has Six Sigma Green Belt or higher.
* Experience with SAP.
* Basic understanding of CAD (Autodesk/AutoCAD preferred).
* Create project budgets and financial justifications related to capital expenditure equipment/projects.
* Comfortable creating and presenting concepts within team of direct peers as well as senior level management.
* Experience working with a multinational or larger corporation and counterparts in other remote locations.
* Good verbal and written communications skills in English.
* Retirement plan
* Life insurance
* Disability insurance
* Medical insurance
* Wellbeing program
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.