The Executive Assistant to the Chief Communications & Diversity Officer manages logistics for Chief Communications & Diversity Officer and the Community Relations function, including scheduling and meeting management. Serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external customers, must have the ability to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Implements strategies to achieve the goals for the organization and manages logistics for Chief Communications & Diversity Officer and the Community Relations function, including scheduling and meeting management and executing assigned project work from concept to completion as needed. Serving as the primary point of contact for internal and external customers, the Executive Assistant must have the ability to multi-task, exercise good judgment and work independently in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, handling a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. Implements, revises, and sustains policies, procedures and programs. Typically works on projects and initiatives that span 3 - 12 months.
- Manage all aspects of calendaring for the Chief Communications & Diversity Officer, ensuring accuracy, timely planning and communication of appointments.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Manage inquiries and incoming requests sent directly to the Chief Communications & Diversity Officer. Researches, prioritizes and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Leader, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral or response.
- Communicates directly and on behalf of the Chief Communications & Diversity Officer with Board members as required, internal and external customers, vendors, government officials, and community organizations. Compose confidential correspondence, memos, and presentations; revise documents for proper format and proofread for accuracy.
- Work on special projects as directed, creates reports, presentations, announcements, speeches and other communications as required from personal initiative and knowledge, verbal direction, depending on the circumstances.
- Participates in key leadership meetings upon request; assists in developing agendas, action items, follow-up and coordination of logistics.
- Completes expense / corporate credit card reports, coordinates requisitions/purchase orders and makes travel and lodging arrangements as necessary.
- Ensures accurate and timely communication to internal departments, including the Office of the President; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior and executive management staff.
- Maintains files specific to the Chief Communications & Diversity officer's office.
- Project and Change Management: Effectively plans and manages own work to reliably complete routine job responsibilities and special assignments. May serve as a team member or subject matter expert on formal projects or within the department. Effectively engages in change affecting her/him, communicating appropriately with supervisor. Follows through on learning, skill building, and practice necessary to adapt to change.
- Problem Solving: Light supervision; works independently. Periodic review of work by manager or senior coworker. Solves problems of moderate to advanced complexity; able to identify root cause, interpret data and resolve issues.
- Technical Skill: Understands and applies professional principles and skills within area of specialization to modify processes to resolve situations.
- Community Engagement: Champions Goodwill's community relations initiatives and serves as an ambassador for Goodwill in the wider community.
- Responsible for completing other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
- Two years of college education or experience equivalency, and a minimum of 3 years' experience.
- Works well independently, but also flexible enough to be directed at times.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Willingness to enthusiastically complete both high-level and low-level tasks.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working for senior level management in an administrative position.
CORE CULTURAL COMPETENCIES:
1. Customer Focus: Independently anticipate and meet customer needs, while searching for ways to improve customer service. Internalize customer feedback, and follow up with customer to ensure problems are solved by providing innovative ideas to meet their future needs.
2. Values Differences: Seeks out the diverse perspectives and talents of others, striving to work effectively with others who have different perspectives, backgrounds or styles. Behave with sensitivity towards differences in cultural norms, expectations, and ways of communicating. Challenge stereotyping or offensive comments.
3. Communicates Effectively: Shares information and updates with others, while ensuring a clear, concise and professional communication through reports, documentation, written and other communications. Listens with interest to what others have to say.
4. Situational Adaptability: Demonstrates flexibility of responses to different situations through adapting to the changing needs, conditions, priorities or opportunities. Monitors how well an approach is working to see if a change is needed, recognizing cues that suggest a change in approach or behavior is needed.
5. Drives Results: Demonstrates a strong drive to achieve meaningful results, through driving tasks to successful completion and closure. Sets high standards for own performance, showing determination in the face of obstacles and setbacks.
6. Ensures Accountability: Takes responsibility and ownership for successes and failures in own work. Monitors progress of performance and changes approach accordingly, following through on commitments.
Repetitive use of hands and vision required while using computer keyboard and work with electronic information, ability to hear and communicate on phone and in person, travel required. Moves about to accomplish tasks.