The Bartolotta Restaurants is currently seeking to hire experienced Sous Chefs and Executive Sous Chefs to join our culinary team. Our portfolio of restaurants range from some of the finest dining experiences in Milwaukee to a variety of more casual options. If you are looking for a home to contribute your talents and develop within a team, make this your next stop. No matter the type of environment you are seeking to serve, we've got an award-winning restaurant that will meet your needs - and exceed your expectations.
Our Sous Chef's are responsible for the effective daily operations of the kitchen. This includes staffing, recruitment, employee development, financial management and facilities management. Responsible for creating, implementation and management of the menu concept.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Assist the Executive Chef in the management of an inventory process.
- In conjunction with the management team, develop an annual budget.
- Monitor inventory process in compliance with respective policies and procedures.
- Purchase inventory according to needs, quality, specifications and budgets.
- Monitor menu content for effectiveness.
- Cost out food specials.
- Work closely with the Executive Chef and management staff regarding customer satisfaction in
regards to food selections.
- On-going menu engineering
- Insure quality in menu and food preparation
- Monitor cleanliness of kitchen in accordance with Wisconsin sanitation codes.
- Monitor grounds of delivery and garbage areas.
- Interact with external vendors regarding facility emergencies. With the Executive Chef, interact
with external vendors to obtain the best quality in pricing and product.
- Communicate with vendors regarding food purchases.
- Inquire for a minimum of 2-3 cost quotes on various ordered goods.
- Keep accurate vendor logs with orders and receivables
Manage personnel in an effective manner.
- Interview, hire, train and develop staff.
- Insure proper paperwork is completed and submitted to HR Manager/Chef in timely manner.
- Promote a team environment by example and by participating in workload completion when
- Interact with employees in a sensitive, positive manner.
- Understand and use Human Resources Policies and Procedures manual.
- Communicate with employees promptly when incidents arise that may be a detriment to their
performance or to the company in general.
- Assist the Executive Chef in developing performance standards by which employees can be
measured by use of menu testing.
- In conjunction with the Executive Chef, develop measurements for competence within each area
- Three to five years' kitchen experience with two of those years preferably involved in kitchen
- Certified in food service sanitation as mandated by the state of Wisconsin.
- Experienced in food preparation at the highest level.
- Experience with information systems related to restaurant management and/or kitchen
Indicate your preferred work location. Every effort will be made to accommodate your location request, provided openings in that unit exist.