Manpower Engineering is exclusively partnering with an industry leading medical device company in the Greater Racine, WI Area on a highly visible direct hire/permanent Project Engineer position that's open due to continued growth.
The company's products save lives, make patients healthy, and keep people safe. They look to hire people who value a positive work culture, want to be part of a winning team, have a desire to learn and grow, and are looking for the opportunity to stretch their current talents and skills to the next level and beyond.
Our client offers a very generous compensation plan, great benefits package, and relocation assistance (if needed).
This is a highly visible position and responsible for providing engineering support for new business opportunities and process support for operations.
- Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, works with sales and customers to help define and meet customer requirements.
- Supports sales and manufacturing personnel to achieve company's performance goals.
- For new products assists with product design, quote preparation, and process validations.
- Works with Engineering Manager, Operations and QA personnel on new product launches.
- Executes validation and qualification (IQ/OQ/PQ) protocols for new products.
- Assists in specification of testing for products and materials.
- Responsible for maintaining project timelines as assigned by supervisor.
- Identifies process improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
- Participates in cross-functional problem solving teams.
- Recommends tool modifications or repairs.
- Investigates new technology as assigned by supervisor.
- Ensures compliance with safety programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related field is preferred
- 5+ years of experience
- Injection molding experience. Experience with plastics/silicone in the medical parts/devices field is a plus.
- Familiar with mold design
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of tool/equipment design through process engineering is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of process troubleshooting techniques, root cause analysis, design of experiment and data-driven corrective and preventive action plans.
- Previous experience in lean manufacturing concepts, continuous improvement activities and statistical process control is preferred.
- Technical ability to create process documentation, interpret part prints and tool drawings. Experience with SolidWorks is a plus.