Location: Fiserv Forum - Home of the NBA's Milwaukee Bucks - Milwaukee, WI
As the Director of Operations for Levy, you'll lead the operation and people responsible for all of the food and beverage venues/offerings to the thousands of guests that visit our locations every year. Working with World Class sports teams, and the diverse shows that are the best that entertainment has to offer, you'll be in the center of the explosive growth in the sports and entertainment industry!
Partner and Customer Focus, Developing Winning Teams, Seeing the bigger picture, Innovating and Improving and Delivering Results
- Has strong attention to detail
- Responsible for fan experience in the building
- Holds team accountable to steps of service to deliver great guest service
- Ensures team members have the tools necessary to complete their jobs
- Ensures show quality standards are maintained at all times
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with guests, subcontractors and Levy team members
- Regularly obtains feedback from guests to improve operations
- Supports and communicates Company initiatives
- Respond and assist in any departmental guest service issues
- Develops and recommends all menus, promotions and programs in accordance with Levy standards
- Ensures that daily walkthroughs are being conducted in both FOH and BOH for every even
- Ensures all operations comply with concept clarity statement
- Creates and executes marketing plan to build sales
- Creates and oversee completion of location business (MAP) objectives Client/Partner Relationship
- Executes primary relationship with business and key revenue client/partners
- Holds and documents weekly meetings with client/partner with the goal to be informational, fact finding, idea generating and problem solving in an effort to regularly obtain feedback from clients to improve operations
- Attends client staff meetings on a regular basis
- Acts as a liaison with team, including partner's operational team, Levy team and other areas as needed to ensure efficient operational performance
- Achieves daily sales and assigned cost goals
- Implements cost controls as needed to achieve positive financial results
- Buyoff on weekly/biweekly forecast from Controller
- Owner of location P&L and PBITDAR expectations
- Achieves assigned budget goals
- Oversees execution of required daily reporting
- Oversees completion of required department reports and compiles month end reporting
- Develops budget to deliver profit and service goals, as well as meeting partner expectations
- Thoroughly and accurately uses applicable Levy systems (BOSS, Point-of-sale, WFM and more)
- Ensures that all security, safety and sanitation standards are achieved
- Employs good safety and sanitation practices
- Follows and enforces responsible alcohol service policies
- Ensures team members adhere to Levy Company guidelines as stated in team member training manual and employee handbook
- Oversees control of all inventories, product cost, cash handling and purchasing
Leadership and Internal Relationship Building
- Uses all performance management tools, including development plans, to provide guidance and feedback to team
- Uses engagement strategies to recognize, motivate and celebrate individuals and teams delivering outstanding performance throughout location
- Creates the vision of the location by sharing stories and history with team members, managers, guest and client/partner
- Promotes a cooperative work climate, maximizing productivity and morale
- Utilizes new leader transition sessions to ensure success with managers a few months after taking on new roles
- Conducts regular scheduled meetings to ensure lines of communication are open between management and team members
- Conducts bi-annual FAP (Feedback and Action Planning) sessions with management team to assess how things are going from a higher level and work on continuously improving the business and work environment
- Interviews, hires, trains and develops team members according to Levy guidelines
- Displays a positive attitude towards team members
- Mentors department managers to develop their skills and leadership abilities
- Required Skills
- Able to communicate effectively with management team, guests and team members by speaking and comprehending English
- English reading, writing, math and computer skills required
- Ability to taste and evaluate food and beverage products
- Stamina to work 60 hours or more per week
- Must be able to work extended shifts of 10 hours or more as business dictates
- Must be flexible with schedule and able to work different shifts
- Possible job hazards include, but are not limited to; slips, trips, falls, burns, cuts and strains
- Must be able to reach, lift, stoop, bend and perform extensive standing and walking (including stairs) throughout shift
- Ability to use hands in using office equipment, including the computer system
- Ability to talk and hear to conduct phone correspondence
- Close vision and focus capabilities to view computer screen and company documents
- A minimum of 8 years Food and Beverage Management experience at a Director of Operations/General Manager level in a sports and entertainment atmosphere.
- Experience managing a high volume operation.
- Proven ability to lead and develop a team.
- Budgeting, forecasting, sales experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership.
Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Levy we are committed to treating all Applicants and Team Members fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.