Manage financial activities that provide business insights and drive value. Proactively impact the company's financial results by synthesizing a broad array of market and internal business information from which company strategies may reliably be set and measured. Manage, perform, continuously monitor, and report on company's financial planning and analysis initiatives. Evaluate and compile financial statements and reports related to income, expenses, taxes, capital expenditures, investments. Drive company decisions and performance by translating timely financial information for cross-functional teams, recommending actions, challenging when necessary, and collaborating for aligned solutions. Build trust, manage assigned personnel, and develop team members' knowledge and ability to understand and use financial information effectively. Use and continuously enhance skills to optimize business analytic tools.
* Lead the design, development and implementation of value added, forward looking, centralized, end-to-end processes of financial planning, budgeting, and reporting and external benchmarks for insights to drive targeted actions. Work closely with forecast planning to ensure financial alignment.
* Drive, execute and monitor financial plans, budgets, forecasting and metrics in collaboration with cross functional teams by defining key business drivers, key performance indicators, prioritization, standardization, end to end process improvement and optimizing technology enhancements.
* Develop and maintain financial tools, models and reports to enable effective and efficient consolidation of data from a variety of sources, ensuring accuracy and transparency with strategic finance partners and cross functional business teams.
* Provide strategic leadership, development and talent management activities for direct reports, which may include forecasting resource needs, recruiting, hiring, performance management. Collaborate with other managers and supervisors to ensure Finance Department staff selections align with current and future needs.
* Collaborate closely with Sales and Marketing to develop and organize baseline pricing information. Implement product pricing strategies and programs that deliver profitable growth and margin improvements.
* Assess, and provide insights on industry trends, competitors, supply issues, untapped opportunities, and constraints impacting performance. Recommend timely adjustments or contingency scenarios to deliver expected results.
* Compile historical pricing, customer, sales and marketing program costs, and build financial models and reports from which reliable forecasts and decision making can be accomplished.
* Review pricing updates and new-product pricing for accuracy and acceptable profitability. Recommend alternative pricing.
* Develop and update reports for customer and management sales reviews. Include progress vs KPIs on internal reports. Translate financial data into actionable information for the audience.
* Oversee and closely monitor cash flow, asset management, and company tax and insurance.
* Maintain strong relationships with, and management of, company banking, insurance, auditors, and other external alliances. Ensure timely renewals, compliance and reporting requirements are completed.
* Build trust and communicate effectively to support the team yet challenge when necessary with a financial fact-based perspective. Enhance the team's understanding of how to best use financial information to make decisions.
* Continuously enhance knowledge and leadership skills in order to: drive financial change through the organization; valuable strategic planning contributions; team and team member development; and continue as a primary resource for the President to delegate broader responsibilities.
* Manage, coach, and develop members of the accounting team.
* Bachelor's degree in Finance or a similar degree plus 7 years' related experience in manufacturing or CPG, including at least 3 years of management experience; or equivalent combination of degree and experience. MBA preferred. Food processing industry experience ideal.
* High ethical standards and values that uphold business integrity, objectivity, and confidentiality, including GAAP compliance.
* Strategic, continuous improvement thinker who can effectively balance risk and drive growth.
* Fact-based decision-maker with strong reasoning skills and judgment, especially through ambiguity.
* Highly organized project manager, a strong sense of urgency and an outstanding capacity to get things done effectively.
* Outstanding, proficient, and creative problem-solver.
* Very advanced proficiency with MS Office, ERP and data visualization tools.
* Collaborative and highly approachable, patient, team-builder interested in seeking different viewpoints. Able to build trust with candor and transparency while tactfully challenging when necessary.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Hands on manager and motivator capable of initiating positive change and empowering others to achieve results.