Bartolotta Catering at Discovery World is currently looking for outgoing and dependable dishwashers to join our team! This is a unique opportunity to work in a fast paced environment for a highly respected company in the industry! We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, dining discounts , an exciting work environment and plenty of growth opportunity.
Dishwashers work promptly, maintains the kitchen work area, equipment, plate ware and utensils in a clean, sanitary and orderly manner.
Essential Job Functions:
- Scrapes food & debris from plates and pre-rinses from the dirty dishes and places them in dishwashing machine.
- Sorts, stacks and restocks serviceware to the location from which they were used.
- Washes pots, pans and trays by hand and/or machine.
- Removes trash and garbage from building to dumpster area.
- Washes work area tables, walls, refrigerators, cooking equipment and floors.
- Cleans garbage cans and trash receptacles.
- Assembles, maintains and breaks down dish machine.
- Negotiates narrow crowded aisles with hot and cold pans and/or equipment.
- Knowledgeable in areas of kitchen prep, maintenance, cleaning of office area and kitchen area and inventory.
- Practices sanitary and safe food handling at all times.
- Completes assigned daily and weekly cleaning projects.
- Assists with picking up and returning dishes to all unit/kitchen stations.
- Assist other team members and management as needed.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Works routinely with ware washing and cleaning chemicals.
- Perform all cleaning and sanitation functions required.
- Able to work at a rapid pace for an extended period of time.
- Adhere to all sanitation policy and guidelines as it pertains to handling of food and personal hygiene.
- Ability to anticipate business volume and prepare kitchen and work station accordingly.
- Pleasant and accommodating personality with continuous and outgoing demeanor.
- Requires prolonged periods of being on their feet ranging from 4 – 8 hours/shift.
- Walking and standing on the kitchen tiling with potentially slick surfaces.
- Light/moderate lifting is required between 50 - 100 pounds.
- Position dictates working in a fast-paced environment and subject to irregular hours including late nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
- Works regularly on wet floors.