Mr. B's Steakhouse - A Bartolotta Restaurant located in Mequon is currently looking for an experienced Sous Chef to work at one of the best restaurants in the city!
The Sous Chef is responsible for the effective daily operations of the kitchen. This includes staffing, recruitment, employee development, financial management and facilities management. Responsible for creating, implementation and management of the menu concept.
- Assist the Executive Chef in the management of an inventory process.
- In conjunction with the management team, develop an annual budget.
- Monitor inventory process in compliance with respective policies and procedures.
- Purchase inventory according to needs, quality, specifications and budgets.
- Monitor menu content for effectiveness.
- Cost out food specials.
- Work closely with the Executive Chef and management staff regarding customer satisfaction regarding food selections.
- On-going menu engineering
- Ensure quality in menu and food preparation
- Oversees the operations of the kitchen and back-of-house, ensuring that food is prepared safely, efficiently, and according to specifications or request.
- Ensures kitchen runs in accordance with all applicable health, safety, and hygiene codes and standards.
- Creates and modifies the restaurant’s menu based on food trends, food costs, patron requests, and seasonal availability.
- Oversees stocking, ordering, and purchasing of ingredients, ensuring that necessary ingredients are available and as fresh as possible while also minimizing spoilage and waste.
- Maintains and inspects kitchen equipment and utensils, recommending repairs or replacements as needed.
- Maintains kitchen budget.
- Sets prices for food items on the menu.
- Collaborates with specialty chefs on menu items—for example, works with pastry chefs to design an innovative, appealing, and complementary dessert menu.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to produce an excellent culinary and restaurant experience for patrons.
- Extremely creative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management, scheduling, managerial, and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with a variety of personalities and under pressure.
Education and Experience:
- Relevant experience or training, which may be demonstrated via degree or certificate, completion of apprenticeship, or other experience necessary to become trained as a highly skilled professional cook.
- At least two years of culinary managerial experience required.
- Business experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods standing and preparing and cooking food.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work in a kitchen environment that may involve exposure to extreme heat or cold.
Location - Mr. B's Steakhouse - Mequon
Full or Part Time
Direct Supervisor: Executive Chef, Management Team
*Not on a busline*