Do you love a variety of work where everyday you can complete different tasks and have a sense of accomplishment?
Are you an experienced building engineer who would enjoy solving complex maintenance issues and completing preventative maintenance in a beautiful highrise in downtown Milwaukee?
If you answered yes to these questions - we have the perfect job for you...
The Building Engineer is responsible for maintaining the physical condition and appearance of the property. Organize, coordinate and manage the overall maintenance programs, preventative maintenance, and repairs to a downtown Milwaukee high-rise commercial building’s basic plumbing, electrical, HVAC and all other building systems. Applicant must have working knowledge of all typical high-rise building mechanical systems, including chillers, cooling towers, building automation system, air handlers, VAV’s, electrical, plumbing, life safety, fire protection and security systems to ensure proper operations and be able to act upon any conditions that are out of the ordinary. Must obtain bids, negotiate contracts and assist with budget preparation, maintain cost-effective inventory control, compete reports as required, respond to emergency calls, maintain effective communication with residents and staff regarding maintenance issues.
Essential Job Duties:
- Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions daily and document.
- Conduct periodic general preventative maintenance on the mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems. This involves normal lubrication, adjustment, cleaning, replacement of consumable parts (such as filters, indicator lights, etc.), and periodic testing of the equipment. These systems include, but are not limited to; life safety, fire protection, air handling units (including both rooftop and built-in units), Chillers, mixed air supply systems, water pumping systems, cooling plant and all plumbing system components.
- Assist with installation and modification of building equipment systems.
- Obtain bids and negotiate prices, as necessary, with vendors and contractors.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations.
- Perform and/or oversee electrical and plumbing and HVAC repair and troubleshooting.
- Perform and/or oversee water treatment and testing.
- Perform all assigned work so as to ensure the safety & comfort of the building's tenants and the continuous operation of the site.
- Prioritize service calls and follow-up upon completion.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend equipment/service upgrades
- Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors and technicians when work cannot be performed in-house. Coordinate contractor, tenant and management approvals for work orders that require the use of an outside contractor. Maintains log of work order details.
- Orders parts and supplies as required, and maintains stock and inventory control.
- Work with Building Property Manager in planning and controlling annual and capital budgets.
- Be responsive to tenant complaints in the areas of safety, plumbing, mechanical, electrical and environmental needs through both personal contact and work order systems.
- Prepare and maintain daily inspection & maintenance logs and records.
- Be familiar with and/or develop & conform to all written operating procedures associated with site.
- Ensure the cleanliness and appearance of all work areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Education And Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in building operations, engineering and equipment and systems maintenance.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and make decisions.
- Hold any necessary/required licenses.
- Knowledge and understanding of blueprints.
- Possession of State of Wisconsin Driver's License.
- Strong customer service, communication and computer skills.
- Complete all tasks with a sense of urgency and expediency and provide prompt status feedback.
Other Job Requirements:
- Available and on call 24/7 - rotation of every 3-4 week