Join our team who is committed to the delivery of the highest quality health care service. We are seeking a Full-time Security Officer/Facilities Technician that is self-motivated, energetic, and a take charge individual.
Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The mission of a security officer is to support the Sixteenth Street Community Health Center by providing security services to staff, employees, clients, patients, volunteers and visitors, All services are to be provided in such a manner as to demonstrate a friendly, congenial attitude. Conversations and personal contacts are to provide the clients and patients with the distinct impression that being of service is a pleasure. Officers should take into consideration the safety and security of all staff, employees, patients, clients, volunteers, visitors, and assets, Greet clients, patients and visitors and provide them with general service location information and direct them to the appropriate destination, Maintain and assure a safe and quiet environment for staff, patients and clients, Prepare daily activity reports, incident reports, conduct on-site investigations and complete any other paper work necessary, Building Patrol will include, but is not limited to, the following: A systematic review of doors, windows, lighting, safety/emergency equipment, and parking lots. Look for physical hazards, threats, problems, suspicious behavior/items, and changes in the environment, Warn all violators of infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles, parking violations, etc., Observe all departing personnel for safety and to guard against theft of clinic property, Document and report all significant security and facility-related incidents to the Security Manager.
Obtain work assignments from Facilities Manager, contact person requesting repairs and determines type of repairs needed, Respond to and complete work orders in facilities/MIS helpdesk, Perform maintenance to building fixtures and lighting, Perform basic plumbing repairs, Move assorted office equipment, desks, shelves and tables, Order all parts needed for repairs, light bulbs, plumbing parts.
Successful applicants will have the following:
- Security background/training required
- Some facilities background and/or training required
- Must have a valid Wisconsin driver’s license
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have basic reading and writing skills needed for completing reports.
- Must have good comprehension of the English language (ability to speak, read and write it) for security purposes
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions
- Considerable tact and human relation skills dealing with all levels of management, employees and the public
- Ability to work safely; ability to lift 50 pounds