We are seeking a contract Payroll Specialist to assist in coverage for payroll processing while implementing new payroll system of Ceridian Dayforce. This is a 4-12 month contract position.
Corporate Payroll Duties:
1. Performs tasks associated with payroll processing which includes: procedures, auditing, reviewing, balancing, data entry, processing (calculating & confirm), reporting & transmissions to vendors.
2. Produces ad hoc reports for various departments for Corporate requirements.
3. Completes internal and external reporting to ensure customer needs/requirements are met.
4. Performs weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual tax payments and filing with Federal, State and local agencies.
5. Maintains accurate record keeping and supporting spreadsheets and documents for all filings and payments.
6. Administers and oversees all tasks associated with expatriate payroll processing and special payrolls.
7. Ensures specific compliance requirements are administered timely including but not limited to: DOL, IRS, FLSA, Federal & State regulations, garnishments, levies, court orders, company policy, direct deposit, W-4, escheated property, Sarbanes Oxley audit, internal procedures and record retention.
8. Provides Customer Support including training aspects of Payroll.
9. Performs other duties as assigned
• Thorough knowledge of payroll practices including payroll rules, regulations & payroll tax withholding laws
• Strong written, verbal & interpersonal communication skills for effective interaction with diverse group
• Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities/projects
• Accurate data entry skills and strong math aptitude
• Ability to isolate and resolve problems within fixed time frames in a fast-paced environment
• Fluent in English and primary language used in area of responsibility and/or location.
• Minimum of three years of experience with in-house payroll processes, time and attendance experience, or related field
• Experience working in payroll/timekeeping software systems preferred
High school diploma or equivalent education and experience
Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation preferred