Join the OwnersEdge Team!
Accounts Receivable & Cash Management Specialist
OwnersEdge is an ESOP holding company that strives to invest in and build sustainable companies across the Midwest. The businesses within our portfolio utilize their industry experience to drive business growth and create value for stakeholders including customers, communities and our ESOP employee owners. To support our continued growth, we have created an excellent opportunity for an individual to join the OwnersEdge team as an A/R & Cash Management Specialist.
An Introduction to OwnersEdge
Our affiliate company leadership teams are empowered to focus their leadership skills and utilize their industry knowledge to drive business growth. These leaders focus on the business while entrusting the OwnersEdge structure to manage the Finance, Human Resources, IT and the fiduciary, board and ESOP administrative responsibilities that are fundamental to ESOP ownership.
Growing – And that’s not an accident. We are a fast-paced holding company that currently has five affiliates in its portfolio ranging from $5M to $30M in annual revenue with a well-defined acquisition strategy in place to reach the ultimate goal of eight diversified businesses. We are proud to be on the Business Journal's 2015 Fastest Growing Companies List. In addition, we were most recently recognized for the ACG Wisconsin Corporate Growth Award that for our companies sustained financial performance, strong business culture and strategic excellence.
Employee-Owners – At the heart of our success is the unique dedication of each employee. As employee
owners and being part of a 100% employee-owned company, we deliver an outstanding customer experience and believe that our value results from enriching our customers’ success. We hire the best and brightest, with great opportunities for growth and advancement.
Award Winning – It’s no secret that we like to win and have fun in the process as we are a Master Mettle Future 50 Award recipient, were named 2017 Top Business in Waukesha and were recognized as the 2014 Wisconsin ESOP of the Year.
Opportunity: Accounts Receivable & Cash Management Specialist
As an integral member of the team, you will assist in various department projects and hold responsibility in contributing to the growth of the overall company. Your focus will be on processing the receipt of our affiliate business’s revenues and cost reimbursements.
Check out more details below.
• A self-starter, team-minded individual
• Knowledgeable in accounts receivable and cash applications
• Customer-focused with a high level of communication
• Someone who enjoys working individually as well as in a team setting
• Proactive and always improving with an employee-owner mindset
• Driven to work hard and get the job done well
As an A/R & Cash Management Specialist, you would have an impact and contribute by…
• Receiving checks and scanning to the bank for daily remote deposit
• Running daily bank activity reports for EFT, ACH, and lockbox receipts
• Researching client matter numbers and/or bill numbers for checks received without remittance statements or matter numbers
• Processing credit card payments from clients
• Posting and applying each receipt of cash, check, credit card, ACH or wire transfer into the accounting system
• Reviewing clients' checks for completeness
• Preparing bank deposit tickets when necessary
• Updating daily cash reports
• Maintaining digital files of checks and electronic files for cash receipts and accounts receivable
• Matching open bills and unapplied credits and apply payment at a minimum on a weekly basis
• Researching and answering questions from sales team and project managers
• Advising accounts receivable write-offs and adjustments and cash receipt application adjustments
• Identifying and processing write-offs or reversals as necessary
• Providing exceptional and proactive customer service to internal and external clients
• Providing research on cash receipts when required
• Completing any forms submitted by client to be completed regarding receiving payment
• Making collection calls on past due accounts; documenting all discussions with customers called
• Preparing bi-weekly AR reports to review with Affiliate Controllers and CFO. This report includes aging and explanations of past due accounts
• Communicating and working with sales and project management to assist with specific collection issues
• Preparing various monthly account reconciliations and KPI reports
• Performing other duties as assigned
Qualifications & experience you bring…
• An Associate degree in accounting
• Minimum of 7-10 years of related accounting experience; emphasis in all areas of receivables management including collections
• Experience with payment processing and cash application
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Close attention to accuracy and detail
• Microsoft Dynamics or ERP experience preferred
• Microsoft Excel experience at an intermediate level
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer