The General Manager is responsible for the effective daily operations of the restaurant. This includes staffing, recruitment, employee
development, training, sales, financial management, facilities management and extensive guest interaction.
1. Develop and Manage Financial Plan.
• In conjunction with the Director of Operations, Executive Chef and CFO, develop an annual budget.
• Monitor monthly compliance to budget with respect to own individual responsibilities.
• Manage sales for restaurant.
• Maintain awareness of sales for the restaurant and how that affects respective budgets.
• Assist in the development of a sales plan for all areas.
2. Maintain facility.
• Monitor cleanliness of facility in accordance with Wisconsin sanitation codes.
• Monitor grounds of facility (i.e. snow removal, lawn maintenance).
• Interact with external vendors regarding facility emergencies.
3. Work closely with the Executive Chef.
• Regarding annual/monthly budget, product quality and pricing, staffing issues.
• Daily specials/events including guest counts.
• Menu content for a la carte business and special events.
4. Maintain current and accurate reports.
• Develop assigned schedules and monitor other schedules.
• Conduct timely performance evaluations for all staff.
• Manage daily/shift sales, invoices, ordering reports.
• Manage daily deposits.
5. Conduct daily customer service checks.
• Monitor all tables for quality service, i.e. accurate steps of service.
• Converse with guests to gauge satisfaction and to build positive guest relationships to encourage repeat business.
• Address customer complaints in a timely manner.
6. Manage personnel in an effective and professional manner.
• Interview, hire, train and develop staff. Complete proper paperwork for new hire, rehire, change or termination and give to
office manager in a timely fashion for HR/Payroll.
• Promote a team environment by example, encourage strong communication and a positive attitude.
• Interact with employees in a sensitive, positive manner and document all necessary information.
• Understand and use Human Resources Policies and Procedures manual.