Shine Early Learning, Support Center
Vice President, Business Development
Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services through our three business units, all focused on closing the achievement gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $80 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcome data, we are both one of the largest and one of the most innovative companies in our space.
Acelero Learning has two divisions:
Acelero Learning is a direct provider Head Start services in four states (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Nevada and Wisconsin).
Shine Early Learning partners with local organizations to support the delivery of high quality services through Shine Assist, Shine Implement, and Shine Advance programs.
We are seeking a Vice President, Business Development to join our team.
The Vice President, Business Development is responsible for identifying and evaluating opportunities that drive new business growth at both Acelero Learning and Shine Early Learning, and to sustain long term value for our organization and for our partners. This position also oversees our strategic grant development work for both Acelero and Shine. Geography of this position is flexible.
- Works closely with SVP, and Acelero/Shine leaders, to define growth strategy, and participates in the execution of such strategy
- Contributes strategic insight and project management to sales/marketing/communication/events process, as needed;
- Researches and identifies new business opportunities and/or markets, initiatives, and projects for our Acelero Learning and Shine Early Learning network expansion;
- Leads sales and retention efforts, as needed;
- Serves as liaison to Acelero/Shine teams for market insight/data;
- Provides overall management of the grant development process for Acelero and Shine, and is responsible for the timeliness and quality of all submissions;
- Identifies and coordinates all resources engaged in this process, including cross-functional members of the Shine and Acelero teams (i.e. Assist, Implement, Program, Finance teams);
- Participates as strategy and/or budget lead, as needed, working with appropriate cross-functional counterparts to craft strategy;
- Contributes to the grant writing (narrative and/or budget development) process, as needed;
- Master's degree preferred but Bachelor's degree required. At least ten (10) years of previous experience in management/administration preferred.
- Educational industry experience is a plus. Pre-K or previous Head Start experience even better.
- Experience in the business development space: researching and identifying new initiatives, clients, projects in order to increase the value of your organization
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, efficiently organize and communicate effectively with off-site clients, supervisors, and colleagues.
- Ability to synthesize information and communicate effectively in written or verbal format to groups of all sizes and individuals.
- Strong analytical skills in order to quickly assess situations, identify trends, develop solutions and apply critical assessments to the larger context.
- Ability to quickly learn and interpret government procedures and regulations.
- Exceptional ability to use data to make decisions.
- Passion for helping children and families, and a drive to close the achievement gap.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders to successfully implement program plans.
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 20% time).
- Pass physical examination, background check, and fingerprint screening.
The mission of Shine Early Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by our partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.