Under the direction of the Director of Operations, direct the work, people and results in the shipping and receiving departments. Develop and implement program activities designed to enhance product flow in to include products, systems, or equipment. Analyze the procurement, maintenance, and supply of necessary parts, materials, products, equipment, and other resources necessary for Shipping and Receiving distribution. Analyze and negotiate contractual commitments. Responsible for all domestic and international shipping.
Essential Responsibilities: (other duties as assigned)
- Liaise with transportation companies to create a good working relationship
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
- Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
- Prepare invoice for orders and deliveries as part of record keeping measures and evidence of transaction
- Collaborate with Purchasing to ensure lowest cost for incoming and outgoing freight
- Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, or performance evaluation.
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment or frequency
- Negotiate transportation rates or services, including contracts for transportation, distribution or logistics services
- Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements
- Evaluate transportation cost and other expenses
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues. Provide letters of credit and certificate of origin and all related shipping documents for international shipping process
- Responsible for storage arrangements and efficient handling methods, timely distribution to manufacturing and shipping areas to avoid delays and interruption of production operations
- Direct distribution center operation to ensure achievement of KPI’s in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Coordinate inspection and quality control activities involved in operating processes
- Responsible for inventory accuracy of as to materials received, in storage and disbursements
- Manage outside warehouse for inventory storage and material transfers
- Supervise receipt and check of incoming materials to insure proper count, weight, identification; prepare shortage / damage reports
- Direct and supervise the cycle count program. Analyze and report on inventory discrepancies. Develop reports and programs to solve inventory issues
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, or training or safety records.
- Prepare and own capital plan/improvements to support growth of business and ongoing operations.
- Develop and manage 3 year warehousing strategy to ensure readiness for growth, changes in the business and readiness for required capacity.
- Maintain operational records.
- Direct, supervise and coordinate Shipping, Receiving, warehouse and materials distribution operations
- Create a culture of continuous improvement, accountability, and personal development.
- Cross train staff and develop bench strength of team members ready to fill open positions internally.
- Provide information and recommendations on warehouse related process and staffing improvements
- Maintain an adequate and efficient work force consistent with work levels
- Administer Company policies, maintain conformance to work rules and regulations, issue violation warnings and administer approved disciplinary actions when necessary. Maintain harmonious relations on the highest possible plane
- Organize day-to-day operations and assign work to Warehouse team to best utilize labor costs, timeliness, efficient performance and reduce errors
- Monitor use of safety equipment used, methods of handling, piling and storing material, storage area housekeeping and maintain a constant alert for hazardous conditions
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Attention to Detail/Quality of Work
- Teamwork / Team player
- Decision making
- Trustworthiness & Ethics
- Results orientation
- Problem solving
- Time management skills
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or related field or industry highly desired, (industry experience in lieu of degree will be considered)
- 4-6 years of experience within warehousing and distribution
- Proven knowledge of international shipping, letters of credit, certificate of origin, warehouse policies and procedures required
- 3-5 years supervisory experience
- Experience in industry procedures, costs, and terms
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong project management skills with ability to supervise multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Physical / Mental Demands:
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Office / Warehouse
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.