Oversee production floor and staff and monitor manufacturing workflow process. Achieve KPI’s in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Member Development. Coach and develop Team Leaders and Production Staff.
Essential Responsibilities: (other duties as assigned)
- Ability to set daily/weekly/monthly goals, communicating them effectively to employees
- Strong knowledge of organizational workflow and ability to delegate by assigning responsibilities and formulating schedules
- Supervisory skills needed to oversee employees and coach them effectively
- Commitment to safety regarding use of equipment
- Knowledge of all essential equipment and ability to oversee and schedule regular maintenance
- Analytical skills to monitor production output and check for compliance with specifications
- Ability to generate and submit reports on performance and progress
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, including ability to spot issues in efficiency/productivity and suggest improvements
- Strong coaching and training skills to onboard new employees, including instruction on safety, e.g. how to safely use machinery and follow procedures
- Willingness to enforce compliance with safety guidelines and company standards
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process, personnel and resources and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules, and resolving problems
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on established safety policies and procedures.
- Leads continuous improvement projects and initiatives involving cross-functional teams.
- Create a culture of accountability, ownership, learning, and continuous improvement.
- Develop future Leaders and Production Staff to build the bench and fill internal roles.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Attention to Detail/Quality of Work
- Teamwork / Team player
- Decision making
- Results orientation
- Problem solving
- High School Diploma required—a degree in a technical, engineering, or relevant field is preferred
- 3-5 years proven work experience as Production Supervisor or similar role
- Working knowledge of various types of manufacturing machinery and tools and assembly processes
- Experience in an assembly type manufacturing environment a plus
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to coach and mentor staff
- Strong work ethic—self-motivated and results-driven
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Physical / Mental Demands:
- Moderate to heavy lifting = average of 30 pounds regularly (about 1 time per hour) and possibility of up to 50 less frequently
- Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Fingering. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling
- Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, quality and thoroughness of the work
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Office / Manufacturing Floor
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.