The Director of Operations will oversee management of all areas of manufacturing. Review and evaluate business procedures to ensure the correct products are produced, inventory levels are correct, sales forecasts are met, and products are manufactured within the safety, quality and cost standards set by the company.
Essential Responsibilities: (other duties as assigned)
- Assist company officers and senior staff members in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
- Develop the manufacturing plan and establish procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Ensure effective and efficient utilization of labor and production resources.
- Formulate and recommend manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Direct and monitor department managers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures. Act as liaison between department management/subordinate levels, as well as executive/department manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results.
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate staff. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensure compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consult with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data. Direct the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
- Direct and coordinate various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
- Initiate and coordinate major projects (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
- Create a culture of accountability, ownership, learning, and continuous improvement.
- Develop members of the operations team to create a readiness pipeline for future leaders.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Decision Making
- Results Orientation
- Project Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
- Stress Management/Composure
- Business Acumen
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- 7+ years of experience in manufacturing management, preferably in a process-oriented assembly / operations and/or related industry. A minimum of 5 years of experience managing a significant segment of a large manufacturer or the entire operation of a smaller manufacturer highly desired
- BS Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing / Technology, or equivalent required
- Strong mechanical aptitude as applied to assembling and troubleshooting product
- Demonstrated people manager with skills and judgement to work autonomously
- Strong knowledge of lean manufacturing principles, working with manufacturing based technology, processes and principles highly desired
- Experience at a fast-growing company a plus
- Demonstrate Brewer’s core values of Learning, Innovation, Integrity and Collaboration
- Regular and consistent attendance
Physical / Mental Demands:
- Lifting up to 10 pounds occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. May at times need to lift up to 50lbs.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
- The worker is required to have the physical dexterity and ability to move in the following manner; stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, repetitive motion
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Office / Manufacturing Floor / Warehouse
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.