Central point of contact between external customers and the Company; fulfilling the role of Customer Advocate within the limits of company terms and conditions of sale.
Essential Responsibilities: (other duties as assigned)
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Continuously strive to improve customer relations with prompt, accurate and efficient service while exercising judgement necessary to maximize customer satisfaction within Brewer’s terms and conditions of sale.
- Enter all orders received and ensure they are entered with an accuracy rate of no less than 99%. All clean orders are to be entered within a business day of receipt.
- Partner with other functional areas to monitor customer requirements throughout the order fulfillment process, advising Customers of any significant delays and helping to provide alternatives to ensure customer expectations are fulfilled.
- Proactively work to ensure delivery dates are met. Coordinate the expediting of rush shipments and monitor their progress to delivery.
- Manage customer complaints and returned goods, ensuring compliance with all applicable standards.
- Be informed about Brewer products in order to discuss product features with customers and be able to provide basic troubleshooting and technical support.
- Consistent focus on gaining knowledge through use of best practices and standard procedures.
- Work against a set of goals determined collaboratively with management designed to facilitate learning and progress in role.
- Accomplish other duties as assigned.
- Build customer loyalty through positive customer engagement and service excellence.
- Maintain customer service processes, standards and metrics to support the customer-centric organization.
- Support technology and innovative service solutions to maintain an “ease of doing business” environment.
- Partner with all functional areas within the organization to ensure a world class customer experience.
- Consistently deliver a high degree of accuracy.
- Mentor, coach and serve as informal leader for new Customer Experience Reps.
- Serve as ‘go to’ person for new, unique or escalated calls or situations.
Competencies: choose from list below or add additional (sample list in file)
- Attention to Detail/Quality of Work
- Ability to Analyze Moderately Complex Situations
- Customer Orientation
- Strong Sense of Urgency
- Results Orientation
Physical / Mental Demands:
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred, plus two years’ experience or a High School diploma with five years’ experience in a Manufacturing and/or Customer Service environment (preferably) including 2-3 years in a medical device environment
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Proven customer support experience
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Excellent oral and email communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Demonstrate Brewer’s core values of Learning, Innovation, Integrity and Collaboration
- Regular and consistent attendance
Office Work –
- Sedentary work. Lifting up to 10 pounds occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading
The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.