Mount Mary University is seeking an individual to join our community and contribute to the realization of our Mission through the role of an Instructor of Mathematics, and member of the Mathematics department. We are a community of faculty who value relationships with our students and colleagues. We are committed to a compassionate and effective undergraduate education for our students. This position includes service to the University and teaching responsibilities, including providing classroom and online instruction with an expectation of continued professional development.
• Curriculum development and revision
• Ability to teach courses in the algebra sequence, calculus sequence, statistics, or mathematics for future educators
• Contributing to the program review
• Manifest a commitment to the mission of Mount Mary University
• Be an effective teacher across the range of course offerings including non-majors as well as introductory and upper level courses
• Possess a strong commitment to student-centered learning
• Be prepared to mentor students as a Faculty Advisor
• Be motivated to engage students in undergraduate research
• Be interested in developing leadership skills within the department
• Have the potential to pursue extramural funding to support undergraduate research and pedagogical development
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to function in a team environment
• Serving on faculty assembly and University committees
• Providing service to the institution and the community
• Participating in grant writing and acquisition of external funding
• Engaging in ongoing scholarship and professional activity (research, publications, presentations)
• Performing other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
• Masters in Math or Math Education is required.
• Doctorate in Mathematics or ABD preferred.
• Previous experience teaching a diverse study body is desired.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform primary functions.
• Significant experience in leadership, education, and research or scholarship.
Additionally, please submit a cover letter, CV and a list of 3 references via email to Sherrie Serros, Mathematics Department, Chair email@example.com
Mount Mary University practices equal opportunity employment as part of our ongoing commitment to diversity in our workplace.