United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County (UWGMWC) has a unique opening for a Seasonal Volunteer Engagement Administrator.
This individual will aid in the successful administration and facilitation of United Way’s volunteer engagement program activities during the annual Season of Caring and Community Campaign season.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
VOLUNTEER PROJECT ADMINISTRATION
- Manage all aspects of company and community supply drives that occur during Season of Caring/Annual Campaign timetable, including inventory and valuing of in-kind donations.
- Conduct post-event supply inventories after United Way signature events or on-site volunteer projects.
- Manage Volunteer Van scheduling and enter final log data into the van tracking calendar.
- Support all on-site volunteer projects including The Shoebox Project, Snack Packs for Kids, Sandwich Making, New Parent Kits and other on-site volunteer projects as assigned. Support includes delivery and set-up of volunteer project supplies to corporation or community group; on-site volunteer management support; and delivery of final volunteer project kits to funded partner recipients.
- Take photographs at on-site projects for future communication and recognition strategies.
- Manage and maintain photo library for all Season of Caring and United Way signature events.
- Coordinate the distribution of all Live United t-shirts for United Way signature volunteer events including sorting and general delivery process.
- Support the staffing of the Volunteer Center welcome desk as needed.
- Support administrative and logistical needs of United Way signature events such as Meet ALICE, Project Homeless Connect, The Women’s Job Seminars, The Men’s Job Seminar, Fill the Freezer, Painting with a Purpose, and Winter Recess Kit Packing. Support includes improving the efficiency of volunteer check-in process at signature events.
- Conduct reminder calls and follow-up survey calls to volunteers and event attendees to impact attendance and measure results.
- Enter volunteer data from liability/photo waivers into database.
- Assist with the administrative affairs of the Volunteer Engagement Department including general organizing, project planning, scheduling, basic business correspondence and follow-through.
- Customer service needs are met resulting in positive volunteer experiences for individuals, families, community groups and workplaces.
- Orderly administration of volunteer engagement division activities with high level of accuracy and achievement of deadlines.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable automobile, and auto insurance coverage. Able to drive company van to meetings, appointments and events.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and to walk, sit and stand for extended periods.
- Use Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook for effective division administration.
- Experience in data entry.
- Demonstrated success in customer service.
- Office: Milwaukee (225 W. Vine Street) with office hours of normal operation from Monday-Friday, 7:30 am – 4:00 pm.