Want to build amazing products? Looking for year-round work, steady hours, a clean indoor workplace, great coworkers, and a professional environment? For over 50 years, The Brewer Company has been one of the premier suppliers of seating, exam tables, hampers, instrument trays IV poles and other products for the medical / dental markets – and we’re still growing!
We are seeking a full-time, first shift Quality Engineer to work with many operational stakeholders to identify, trend and resolve quality issues pertaining to Brewer products.This role is responsible for calibration and shelf life programs. The role performs and reports on internal and external quality system audits. You will test, calibrate, maintain, and repair electrical, mechanical, analytical, and electronic devices for conformance to established standards, both variable and attribute.
This position also supports ongoing improvements in customer feedback, inventory accuracy, inspection responsiveness, and returns processing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates The Brewer Company’s core values of Learning, Innovation, Integrity and Collaboration
- Participate on teams to develop and improve product and processes to reduce variability.
- Lead corrective and preventive action teams to investigate and analyze product and assembly problems.
- Assist in evaluation of field failures to determine failure mode and root cause.
- ? Execute quality assurance activities related to equipment/fixture/process/product verification and validation, quality improvement, product and process risk management and corrective and preventive action.
- Audit suppliers as well as internal areas to quality system requirements, including ISO-13485 and 21 CFR 820, among others
- Provide support on customer problem resolution to customer service
- Serve as a resource for production floor personnel by investigating and resolving nonconforming product and potential product quality issues, including active participation on corrective and preventive action teams
- Update quality metrics as assigned
- Formulates or helps formulate specifications, quality assurance policies, and procedures. May conduct training on quality assurance concepts and tools.
- Perform non-routine technical assignments of substantial variety and complexity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred and a minimum of 6 years’ quality engineering experience, including experience with validation and product development of medical devices.
- A leader that possesses critical thinking and problem solving skills, the ability to understand the Big Picture and fosters the development of these skills in others.
- Ability to exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining optimal results.
- Possesses good interpersonal and communication skills and promotes a collaborative environment.
- Specialized advanced courses in the quality field
- Professional quality certification preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word and Outlook;
- Experience with Minitab and ERP systems preferred
- Experience in soft goods manufacturing
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to use metrology equipment such as a caliper, micrometer and height gauge
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills with both management and production operators, and attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Knowledge of technical mathematics and statistical methods
- Ability to read and understand product drawings, inspection plans
- Basic understanding of machining and fabrication processes
- ASQ certified Quality Engineer a plus
- Active Listening
- Decisiveness (willingness to exercise ongoing prudent judgment with due care and precision, under minimal supervision)
- Organizational Citizenship
- Information Seeking
- Analytical Thinking
- Compliance (attention to detail and accuracy, ethics)
- Time Management (high degree of self-motivation and organization)
- Quality and Safety Focus
- Continuous Learning