The Production Supervisor works with the team on resolving assembly issues to make for an efficient quality process. This role is responsible for troubleshooting manufacturing issues, facilitating continuous process improvements, managing daily order execution and workforce flexibility, onboarding new employees. Additionally, this role manages productivity and efficiency, process adherence, and training and development in production. This position also drives ongoing improvements in driving quality (FPY), Safety (DART), productivity and efficiency. This position reports directly to the Production Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Supervise and coordinate activities of assigned production personnel.
Act as a key member of a lean manufacturing environment driving continuous improvement activities relating to safety, quality, productivity, delivery, and inventory.
Actively participate in the interviewing process by assisting the hiring team with interviewing, selecting, and coordinating orientation activities for all new employees.
Direct the department to ensure safe, timely, and efficient completion of manufacturing schedules.
Develop and maintain a workforce to meet capacity plans and work with other departments to manage parts flow.
Ensure all department personnel are adhering to company policies and procedures. Complete safety, productivity, and policy reports regularly.
Prioritize work schedules and manage shop floor personnel to include enforcement of the attendance policy.
Interact directly with shop floor employees by setting clear expectations to inspire, motivate, coach and develop the team.
Serve as a resource for shop floor personnel by managing conflicts and performance, recognizing achievement, providing feedback and administering progressive discipline procedures.
· Bachelor's Degree and 2 years manufacturing experience OR 8 years of related experience in Operations;
· 5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word and Outlook;
· Proven success in a schedule-driven environment;
· Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills and attention to detail;
· Ability to accurately read blue prints;
· Extensive knowledge of assembly process, inventory management system (MRP), promotes a safe work environment.
Quality and Safety Focus
Planning and Priority Setting
Composure and Resiliency
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.