Business Development Officer & Account Administrator
Prairie Financial Group®
Prairie Financial Group® Profile: Prairie Financial Group®, Waukesha State Bank's wealth management and trust division, is committed to delivering exceptional customer service in an environment that is transparent, engaging and driven by performance and expertise. Our team of seasoned professionals provides services and expertise to a nationwide client base in the area of Trust & Fiduciary Services and a local client base in the areas of Retirement Plan Services, Investment Management, Financial Planning, and Not-for-Profit Services.
A Division of Waukesha State Bank
Position Overview: Our Business Development Officers are responsible for promoting Prairie Financial Group’s services and for achieving annual sales targets in support of the overall growth and increased profitability of our Division and of Waukesha State Bank. Successful BDOs recognize the importance of a strong community, participate in business associations as well as community activities, and build relationships to enhance the visibility of PFG and Waukesha State Bank overall. Depending on the expertise of the candidate, the position offers a possible dual role providing trust or retirement plan account administration or financial planning.
- Work with management to set new business goals annually.
- Develop and execute annual business plan designed to achieve the strategic growth goals of the organization.
- Cultivate a strong referral network by building relationships with the retail, commercial, Waukesha Investments, and other appropriate business units of Waukesha State Bank as well as external investment advisors, attorneys, accountants, and other centers of influence.
- Represent Waukesha State Bank and Prairie Financial Group in a professional and ethical manner in relationships with clients, industry and community organizations, and other relevant outside business parties, particularly those that aid business development efforts.
- Work with other business development officers to outreach to outside investment advisers for directed trust business.
- Work with managers and administrators in the Personal Trust, Investment Management and Retirement Plan Services departments to streamline the onboarding of new business clients.
- Responsible for initial relationship and follow-up with potential clients:
- Identify and develop strategic relationships with partners and potential clients.
- Profile and qualify target potential clients.
- Meet with potential clients to explain PFG services and products as well as articulate our value proposition.
- Negotiate appropriate fee for the identified scope of services, and recommend whether to accept new business.
- Ensure signatures on appropriate contractual agreements are obtained.
- Assist administrators with collection of assets.
- Maintain strong knowledge of PFG products and services, stay current on industry trends, and complete bank-assigned CE in a timely fashion.
- Any additional duties and/or projects as assigned.
- At least ten years of business development experience within the fiduciary/investment services sector, with a proven track record of success in achieving or exceeding sales targets.
- Knowledge of investment management strategy, processes and products, trust solutions, as well as general financial and/or estate planning techniques.
- Proficiency in interpersonal communication, writing and group presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or other related field.
- Professional Certification such as JD, CPA, CFP®, and CTFA beneficial.
Employment with Waukesha State Bank is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and drug screen.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.