Mr. B's Steakhouse - A Bartolotta Restaurant located in Brookfield is currently looking for a Part Time Pastry Cook to work at one of the best fine dining restaurants in the Milwaukee area.
Responsible for the effective daily operations of the pastry department. This includes employee development, financial management and facilities management. Responsible for creating, implementation and management of the pastry menu.
- Planning and directing food preparation
- Manage food costs and control purchasing and inventory
- Modify menus or create new ones for effectiveness and that meet quality standards
- Manage pastry department staff’s activities and daily responsibilities
- Interact with external vendors to obtain the best quality in pricing and products
- Work closely with General Manager and Executive Chef
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain current and accurate recipes, reports and inventory related data
- Conduct daily pastry line checks
- Manage and coach personnel in an effective manner that meets quality service
- Educate the FOH and BOH staff about new recipes and menu items
- Meet with clients to detail cake and pastry orders for special events
- Basic understanding of or ability to learn basic sanitation and regulations for workplace safety.
- Basic understanding of or ability to learn food-handling techniques, preparation, and cooking procedures.
- Ability to work efficiently and quickly.
- Must be able to work well as part of a team.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to maintain personal cleanliness.
- Must be able to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to read.
Interested applicants should apply online or in person at the restaurant between 2-4pm. Mr. B's Steakhouse is not on a bus line. Must have transportation.
18380 W. Capital Drive
Brookfield, WI 53045