Bacchus - A Bartolotta Restaurant, consistently named one of the top restaurants in Wisconsin located in the Cudahy Tower in downtown Milwaukee, is currently looking for a Prep Cook to join their team.
The Prep Cook will prepare meal ingredients, simple dishes, condiments, and other items as directed by senior culinary staff.
- Prepares meal ingredients as directed by the head chef, senior chef, or other staff.
- Prepares fresh produce by peeling, cutting, and portioning.
- Prepares meat by trimming, cutting, and portioning.
- Prepares simple dishes such as breads or salads.
- Mixes or prepares condiments, dressings, and sauces.
- Maintains compliance with applicable health, safety, food handling, and hygiene codes and standards.
- Assists with unloading, inspection, and storage of raw ingredients and supplies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Basic understanding of or the ability to learn basic sanitation and regulations for workplace safety.
- Basic understanding of or the ability to learn food handling techniques, preparation, and cooking procedures.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain personal hygiene.
- Prolonged periods of standing and working in a kitchen.
- Exposure to extreme heat, steam, and cold present in a kitchen environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work late nights and unpredictable hours.
- Manual dexterity to cut and chop foods and perform other related tasks.
Location – Bacchus
Full or Part Time
Direct Supervisor: Executive Chef, Management Team