United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County
2018 Community Campaign
Seasonal Pledge Processing Specialist
United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County is seeking a Seasonal Pledge Processing Specialist to assist staff in all areas of processing gifts and providing donor and agency customer service during United Way’s annual fundraising campaign months of late August through December. PLEASE NOTE: This is a seasonal, part-time position which begins in late August and continues into December, 2018.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Import data files from online giving site to United Way’s donor database. Research and resolve any questions about donor information; use Microsoft Excel to maintain audit trail of gifts; adhere to quality procedures to ensure gift accuracy.
- Record and sort gifts received; verify cash/checks received; flag special gifts and payment types; process credit card information.
- Perform data entry for individual, employee and/or corporate gifts. Review key transaction data to confirm accuracy, identifying any data entry or processing errors.
- Maintain correct chain of ownership of all cash, checks, credit card information.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of donor information.
- Follow special handling and quality assurance procedures for gifts of $10,000+.
- Escalate any pledge processing issues to supervisor.
- Assist in special projects: donor and agency research, quality assurance reports, scanning & filing donor documentation.
- Participate in cross-training to gain proficiency in all paper pledge processing and electronic pledge processing tasks.
Skills — effective Seasonal Pledge Processing Specialists consistently demonstrate:
- Maintain accurate agency contact information in United Way’s database through data entry, internet research and email/letter outreach.
- Assist in researching donor and agency accounts to provide answers to phone and email inquiries.
- Support online Agency Reports Portal user access: respond to agency inquiries with excellent customer service, strong communication skills and sensitivity to confidential donor information.
- Escalate any donor or agencies issues to supervisor.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skill level.
- Familiarity with Outlook, Word and internet research.
- Experience working with a donor or customer relationship management database preferred.
- Demonstrated experience providing excellent customer service.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Initiative and ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Adaptability and flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage many projects at once, maintaining high efficiency and timeliness.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with two (2) years related experience in data entry, customer service, electronic transaction processing or accounting.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer