Bacchus - A Bartolotta Restaurant located in the Cudahy Tower in downtown Milwaukee is currently looking for an experienced Pastry Cook to work at one of the best fine dining restaurants in the Milwaukee area.
Working at Bacchus, you will gain an immeasurable amount of experience and development working under Executive Chef, Nick Wirth. Chef Nick is a great mentor and received much of his development and training working with James Beard Award Winners, Paul Bartolotta and Adam Siegel.
The Pastry Cook is responsible for the effective daily operations of the pastry department. This includes employee development, financial management and facilities management. The individual is responsible for creating, implementation and management of the pastry menu. We offer great benefits including, competitive pay, health insurance, vacation, flexible schedule and dining discounts. Pay is commensurate with experience. This position does require evening and weekend availability.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Planning and directing food preparation
• Manage food costs and control purchasing and inventory
• Modify menus or create new ones for effectiveness and that meet quality standards
• Manage pastry department staff’s activities and daily responsibilities
• Interact with external vendors to obtain the best quality in pricing and products
• Work closely with General Manager and Executive Chef
• Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
• Maintain current and accurate recipes, reports and inventory related data
• Conduct daily pastry line checks
• Manage and coach personnel in an effective manner that meets quality service
• Educate the FOH and BOH staff about new recipes and menu items
• Meet with clients to detail cake and pastry orders for special events
• Certified in food service sanitation as mandated by the state of Wisconsin
• Experienced in pastry preparation at the highest level