Under general direction of the Production Manager, the Maintenance Technician performs all assigned mechanical, electrical and utility work to install, repair and maintain the production, building and grounds, office, lab, and warehousing equipment at our Menomonee Falls, WI facility. As a Maintenance Technician you'll assist in the development of best practices/standards for both facilities as it relates to the activities of the maintenance department.
- Responsible for all equipment and systems diagnostics, corrective repairs and maintenance associated within the facilities, including: production equipment, building equipment, and utilities. Systems to include lighting, HVAC, compressed air, hot and cold water systems, electrical, and all similar systems located throughout the facilities.
- Conducting preventative and predictive maintenance of equipment to ensure that the equipment and processes are maintained in a preventive fashion to ensure optimum reliability and up time
- Technician will work to maintain the integrity of the facility and operating equipment to ensure safety requirements are maintained and safe, reliable product is delivered to customers
- Effectively utilize and maintain the Maintenance System, including following all computer based and paper processes for work order completion and documentation.
- Lead and/or participate with root cause analysis for operating problems including the identification of contributing causes for non-operating events and work to eliminate the root cause for continuous improvement.
- Closely integrate with the manufacturing team to provide accurate, concise, and professional updates as to important repair steps taken, parts ordered, and time estimated until completion.
- Support projects as required to remove, install and make operational equipment to aid in debottlenecking operations by addressing upcoming production’s needs and proactively resolving issues.
- Manage costs that technicians have the ability to impact. Wisely eliminate waste (i.e. parts, tools, time, personnel), and take the initiative to bring forward and resolve issues.
- Coordinate with operations to ensure adherence of all scheduled maintenance tasks and production activities are accomplished in a safe manner.
- Ensure all work being performed by outside contractors is completed and the required service records/reports are maintained for future evaluation. Technicians will also be responsible for initiating vendor recommended equipment modifications.
- Participating in daily shift meetings, to prioritize and review work orders compared to the daily scheduled activities.
- Acquiring new electrical, mechanical, pneumatics and hydraulics knowledge, better positioning you for advancement.
- Perform limited general cleaning as needed
- Associates Degree in technical field is preferred (Electrical or Mechanical), preferred but not required.
- Three (3) or more years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment, troubleshooting and repairing all types of industrial processes: mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, and pneumatic is required.
- PLC/Automation is highly preferred
- Proficient in equipment troubleshooting and repair/rebuild to resolve maintenance issues, improve equipment reliability, minimize equipment downtime and support improvement activities for productivity and yield enhancement
- Experience and ability to work independently and as part of a team to accomplish goals
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously; attention to detail; strong organization skills
- Understand control wiring, and logic diagrams
- Ability and willingness to work overtime and flexible schedule as needed
- PC skills – Microsoft Office