Position located in either Shelton, CT or Milwaukee, WI
You aren't just joining a company - - you are becoming an owner. We proudly tell our customers that we are 100% employee-owned. This means that are committed to giving them the best possible service because, after all, it's our company. As a Relocation Counselor you are on the front lines helping our customers with their relocation needs, providing expertise, guidance and support during transition.
· Conduct a needs analysis with the transferee to develop a strong understanding of his/her requirements and to establish a strong rapport.
· Consult on and administer relocation benefits according to client policies; adhering to expense guidelines, policy coverage, and timeframes.
· Maintain regular and positive contact with transferee using verbal and written communication.
· Arrange or modify candidate, intern, and relocation travel (flight, hotel & car) in a timely and professional manner.
· Assist transferee in finding a rental home/apartment by providing a referral to rental agent, online resources, etc.
· Manage the household goods process including survey, pack/load, delivery, and claims.
· Facilitate and conduct property management services on behalf of the transferee.
· Provide home marketing assistance (HMA) in a professional and timely manner.
· Manage transferee to allocated budget for expenses; escalate exceptions to client and manager.
· Facilitate expense reimbursements to the transferee and payments to service partners.
· Meet or exceed service metrics and revenue capture expectations; ensure collection of destination referral fees.
· Escalate issues as appropriate-partnering with Account Managers and TRC management to ensure on-going client/customer satisfaction.
· Follow all work-flows in the SMART system to ensure timely billings.
· Maintain file in a timely and accurate manner in the tracking system including updating actions, document uploads, and important notes for each relocation.
· Recommend opportunities for cost savings and efficiencies to manager, client, account manager, or transferee.
· Discuss home sale process with the transferee and explain the required documentation and the roles of TRC and the title company.
· Negotiate home sale contract and buyout with transferee, listing agent, and title company.
· Review and analyze appraisals and home inspections to ensure accuracy and comprehensiveness of information presented.
· Develop, present, and execute effective home marketing strategies to reduce list to sale cycle times.
· Coordinate the permanent housing search in destination location, leveraging referrals to TRC’s preferred partners.
· Manage designated service partner relationships and facilitate resolution of service escalations in an effective and timely manner.
· Review and approve leases for international transferees.
· Assist international transferees with Visa requirements.
· Bachelor’s degree
· CRP and/or GMS certification strongly preferred
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop appropriate correspondence both internally and externally
· Work under minimal direction, organized, and have the ability to prioritize commitments and projects
· Demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to follow data entry/department standards
· Demonstrated ability to think critically and problem solve
· Act with persistence and tact in resolving issues both internally and externally
· Strong customer relations skills that include the ability to work with discretion and integrity
· Demonstrated conflict resolution and negotiation skills
· Demonstrate highest level of professionalism in both appearance and behavior
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
· Strong work ethic with off-hours flexibility and able to travel as needed to meetings and training events
This position is considered light duty with frequent phone and computer use. Ability to stand, climb stairs and lift at least 10 pounds.