The Bartolotta Restaurant Group is looking for a Kitchen Supervisor to join our team at Pizzeria Piccola in Wauwatosa.
The Kitchen Supervisor responsible for the effective daily operations of the kitchen. This includes staffing, recruitment, employee development, financial management and facilities management. Responsible for food preparation, food quality, speed and accuracy of the BOH team, product inventory, ordering and maintaining food costs.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Control food costs and usage by following proper ordering and inventory guidelines.
- Monitor menu content for effectiveness.
- Manage product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures including checking and maintaining proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control systems.
- Interact with external vendors to obtain the best quality in pricing and product.
- Work closely with General Manager and Director of Operations for efficient kitchen operations.
- Conduct daily line checks.
- Participate in company meetings.
- Act as company agent.
- Maintain current and accurate reports.
- Ensure staff performance meets quality service.
- Manage personnel in an effective manner.
- Ensure quality in service and product.
- Requires one year of experience in a kitchen management role in a casual dining establishment.
- Experienced in food preparation at the highest level.
- Experience with information systems related to restaurant management and/or kitchen management.