Roettgers Company, Inc. owes its roots to Henry and Herman Roettgers. Henry and Herman incorporated Roettgers Coal and Wood in 1917. The company started as a distributer of building materials, wood and coal for home heating. In the early 1900s materials were delivered on a horse drawn wagon. The business was then taken over and operated by Don Roettgers (second generation). Don began with the company unloading rail cars at a very young age. Later, he directed the company into the oil business after returning from his service in the Navy. At that time, Roettgers Oil, Inc. (as it was then known) became a Texaco fuel distributer. The company also under the direction of Don Roettgers, built its first fuel service gas station at 3709 W. Villard Avenue. Dave Roettgers, Don's son, is the third generation in the business, Dave acquired the business in 1995. Following Don's direction, Dave has further expanded into the convenience store industry and the company currently sells gasoline and diesel fuel through its 13 retail locations. Today, each of the locations are branded Mobil or BP.